Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of course not but when we were in Petco a while ago I heard two guys arguing. Not knock down drag out kind but like yes he is...no he isn't. One of them finally came up to us and asked what kind of dog is he? I said Labrador. He looked at his friend and said see I told you that's what he was.

The other guy said are you sure? Maybe he is a mix? I just politely said no...I have had him since he was 7 weeks and he is full blooded Lab. I met his parents and have his pedigree, yes he is a full blooded Lab....I would never have thought anyone would mistake him for GSD. **sigh**

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
theoconbrio said:
GSD? I think that guy was seriously confused.

Do you see a resemblance? ;D
Of course I see the resemblance...anyone can see that Labs and GSD have the same ears and snout...my goodness what was I thinking?? lol

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
That guy must be seriously off his rocker.

I love it when people that have absolutely no knowledge of dogs act like they do. ::)

By the way...Tal looks just like a lab to me! ;)

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
I TOTALLY see the resemblance, can't you guys?? ;) LOL!!

Watch out, the next person might think he's a rottie or something.

I love it when people that have absolutely no knowledge of dogs act like they do.
It's soo entertaining!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Janna and Boomer said:
I love it when people that have absolutely no knowledge of dogs act like they do. ::)
I was at a party and some guy that tried to sound interesting told me that labs are supposedly very stupid and lazy. This was the end of my conversation with him.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CHOCOLATA said:
Janna and Boomer said:
I was at a party and some guy that tried to sound interesting told me that labs are supposedly very stupid and lazy. This was the end of my conversation with him.
I guess none of the dogs we so lovingly post about are Labs then because I cannot think of a single one who is stupid and lazy. ::)

Lilprincee said:
Oh my and all this time I though Tal was a basset hound.
I want you to know I almost lost the mouthfull of water I had on this one!

henrysmom said:
I love it when people that have absolutely no knowledge of dogs act like they do.
It's soo entertaining!
Definitely! Everytime I think about it I just laugh to myself...I love it when folks show their ignorance and think they are looking smart...lol

·
Registered
276 Posts
My family had German Shepherds when I was a kid...Now if I put a picture of Tal, and a picture of a Shepherd side by side and start drinking, maybe by the end of the evening they may start to look alike, LOL!
I had someone ask me what kind of mix my tri-color collie was...gee, with the long snout, and long beautiful coat that screamed "Collie"..just not sure what mix he would have been....I should have just made up one!
Some people..
Debbie

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Sounds like that guy doesn't know the breed. ::) But someone asked me if Molly was a Rottie. :eek: I guess big black dogs get mistaken for other breeds alot. ;)

Can't say there is the slightest resemblance of GSD in Tal. ;D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
theoconbrio said:
GSD? I think that guy was seriously confused.

vs.

Do you see a resemblance? ;D
Confused, drunk or drugged is more like it! :eek: Had to be a real maroon to think Tal was a GSD.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
It's always wild to me when people try to tell you what YOUR dog is. We hear a lot that Emma (Mom's girl) is a Rottie.

We also heard that Larry has "perfect conformation for a Labrador". YIKES. Skinny chest, long back, terrible topline, curled tail...I could go on. At the time, we just smiled and thanked the person.

LOL It's always so funny to find out what people THINK they know!

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I tend to have a little fun with people like that. I'll make up my own breed name or some other nonsensical story behind the breed.

"No this isn't a GSD. This a Chinese Mountain Ridgeback. They were best known for their underwater firefighting capabilites, but now are more commonly used for turkey herding." "Why this dog here's lineage goes back to the Yao Ming dynasty,the pre-NBA centuries ."

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Isn't it funny how dumb people can be!!
Funny story though!

·
Registered
412 Posts
Actually that is where people make mistakes. A GSD isn't only black and tan. They can be all black, all tan, sable, white, etc.

http://www.blackbearmountain.com/images/blackbear8.jpg

Here is a picture of two Black German Shepherd Dogs.

Some lab mixes I have seen are lab/black GSD dogs. They look like full blooded labs. So the guy probably thought Tal was a lab/BGSD mix.

ETA: The only reason I know this is because I originally wanted a German Shepherd Dog, but since I can't because of breed restrictions I started looking into the Chow Chow, and than the Labrador Retriever. Chow Chows aren't restricted in my current apartment complex but might be elsewhere.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts