Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, im going to be looking for a new puppy in the next 6 months to a year and i want to do it RIGHT this time!
i want a lab i can show!
does anyone recommend any good rep. breeders sites?
thanks
TOnya

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Where are you looking and how far are you willing to go to get a puppy from a reputable breeder? Are you looking for a bench-type (show-type) or a field-type lab?

I definitely understand the sentiment about wanting to "do it right this time!" :) Good for you!!!

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
We have a lot of breeders on this forum who all breed quality dogs. Many of them have waiting lists and some won't sell out of their area.
Where are you located?

Good for you for wanting to get a good quality, well bred lab. And welcome to JL :)

Here is my breeder's site
www.woodhavenlabs.com

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Usually if you check with your local lab club they'll point you to a list, I'm up in Canada, so that prolly won't do you much good!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
If you go to the AKC site (www.akc.org) or the LRC, Inc page (http://www.thelabradorclub.com/) you should be able to find the lab clubs near you. I'd start there. Shop the breeder's websites, figure out what "type" of lab you prefer, and start talking. Do realize most breeders will want to co-own w/ you on a show dog considering it will need to be on Full registration. This is not a bad thing!!! Just find someone you can definitely work with, someone you wouldn't mind being a buddy with for the next many years. I've seen folks go out of their area to buy dogs (any breed), and it's not often a good thing.... many folks are less inclined to help out a newbie who went off and bought elsewhere. -Anne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts