Just Labradors banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have been begging my parents for a cat for months. They are finally starting to consider it, but we have a few problems. I have two dogs. A border collie lab mix (7), and a bulldog lab mix (6). They have never really been around cats. The only time they have is when they were in foster homes. The people said that they both were good with cats. They are mostly very lazy dogs, and sleep a lot, but they will act crazy sometimes if you rile them up. I have done some research, and it says that border collies tend to hunt and chase cats. How do I know if my dog acts the same way? He has chased birds, squirrels, and rabbits in the past. He has even killed some baby rabbits. I know that getting a kitten or a senior cat will not be good for him, so we are looking for a young adult cat. I have looked on this website trying to find out some things and many people say they are nervous for their border collie lab mixes to have a cat. Any tips, please? I would really like a cat, and some tips might help to help get my dogs used to cats. :)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts