Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm embarrassed to admit this- but I cannot figure out how to change my ring tone. I keep going into the menu, setting a ring tone, activating it and yet, I still get the default ring tone.

Even my tech savvy husband is having issues with it. He normally has no problems doing this sort of thing, but it has him baffled.

Can someone help me??

Please. :)

K

·
0 Posts
dO i HAVE A LOONIE GOON CHOCOLATE ? yep and we tell her to shut up when she 'rings' to much ;)

online doesnt have any instructions?

·
Registered
231 Posts
my daughet has one and seems to have it sussed, Ill see if she can help when she comes back from school tomorrow (in bed now!)if no one has helped by then!

J

·
0 Posts
Amy,

One website said:
you can change the ringtone its simple. Go onto My stuff, then sound, go onto ringtone desired the press options and the set as ringtone should be available.

Apparently there are lots of people who are having the same problem trying to change their ringtone.

There is also a "Chocolate Blog" that might have more info

http://chocolate.lgbloggers.com/

Even after googling, there really isnt any good answer to your question.

Hope ya figure it out! Ringtones are fun!

·
Registered
934 Posts
My daughter had that issue with an older LG phone. We repeatedly followed the instructions for changing the ring tone. No luck. A few days later she set her friends to the task and they managed to change it. How, we don't know. Just one of life's little mysteries. Now it seems to work just fine. Hope you get it figured out.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the link, Laurie. I've googled and googled and can't figure it out. LOL. I'm almost ready to go to the store and have them show me. At least it isn't just me. I hope I figure it out, I'm really started to detest the default ringtone.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have one ,and mine is fine. I got mine when when it had just came out...so maybe this is a bug with only the newer ones(which is odd)?

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I have it Aim, here's how to change it (I'm assuming you just want a preloaded ringtone, that you don't want to download one off the web from your phone and use it instead - correct?).

Menu -> Settings and Tools -> Sounds Settings -> Call Sounds -> Call Ringtone -> All Calls -> Choose from the list

Did that work? Let me know if you wanted to download one and use that, it's really easy to do from the phone once you find out where they hide the ringtones :)

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That didn't work. lol.

This is what I'm doing.

settings--> profiles--> general--> personalize--> ring tone--> I select the ring tone, hit ok, then I activate it and go back to the main menu.

And that doesn't work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts