Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wants to help out all the time? Guthrie is just the funniest guy. No matter what I am doing he wants to give it a try. If I am testing the water temp of the pool he is right there with his foot in the pool. If I am pulling weeds he is right there trying to pull them with his mouth. If I am digging with the shovel he is right on top of that spot digging. If I am carrying tree limbs he is right there picking up a branch too. I find myself constantly telling him that I don't really need his help right now and that he can go right ahead and be a dog for a little while. I have never had a dog that really seems to want to mirror what I am doing.

Here he is helping me with the tree I cut down.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Both my girls like to help but it usually results in a big fat lab head in the way, supervising (which is really no help) or walking through whatever I have just gathered up. So in short they have never really tried to actually help like Gutherie. WTG you good boy, Lucky you for a extra set of hands er I mean paws that actually want to help!:D

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
And Cinnamon druels on me while supervising.

What she does that is so funny if I am out picking up to poop she will go and show me where any are that I missed.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I wish Daisy was more like Guthrie, she could care less about helping, but making a mess of what I'm doing sure is fun, it seems. Guthrie has such a great personality!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Mine like to help when I'm gardening by "retrieving" whatever I've just planted. I plant it, they dig it up and bring it to me oh so proudly. :eek:

They also enjoy helping by leading me to the dining table when I'm serving up the dinner. Because, I might get lost...

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I wish my boys were helpful. They just like to stick their heads in between me and whatever I'm doing, for pats and scritches.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Dozer likes to help me go to the bathroom. He follows me there everytime I go. LOL He also likes to keep my feet warm while I do dishes (stuff that won't fit in the dishwasher).

·
Registered
4,276 Posts
Gracie is also a little helper. She loves the garden and cleaning the yard. She follows me in every room while I am doing house work and loves to pull all the clothes out of the laundry basket. I do need to fold when she is sleeping though...she unfolds every thing I fold. Got to love her:)

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
I have one that has to be there constantly..feeding the ferret/chickens/cat..mowing the lawn just by your side stuck like velcro. He hasnt yet tried to help though

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Karon that is funny.
Kassa did and picked up her own toys, or helped pull the weed bag for me. Erns just gets in the way.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer likes to follow me around and watch me do stuff around the house and yard. He does pick up his toys (when told). He does help my son by picking up baseballs during batting practice in the yard. Since he picks up his toys, DS thought it would be a good job for him. One kid pitches, the other hits, and Bauer runs around the yard retrieving balls and dropping them back in the bucket. I will have to get a video of it, it is pretty funny.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Theo is very helpy. Especially in the kitchen, of course, because you never know what might fall on the floor. :) But he also enjoys gardening, vacuuming (gotta kill that corner attachment!), laundry, and anytime I'm carrying something heavy and really need for him NOT to be underfoot.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts