Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
salt their watermelon? I love salt on watermelon and cantaloupe. Is that weird?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh, I love salt on watermelon! Makes it taste even sweeter. I don't eat cantaloupe, though, so I can't comment on that.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I salt and pepper my canteloupe. Sometimes we put cayenne on our fruit, too.

I've tried it on watermelon, but I only like salt if the melon is really sweet and the watermelon I get around here is not usually sweet enough for me to salt it.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
salt their watermelon? I love salt on watermelon and cantaloupe. Is that weird?
Salt on watermellon, salt and black pepper on muskmelon. (Not all muskmelons are cantaloupe, cantaloupe is a type of muskmelon. My Grandpa made sure I knew that when little.;))

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh good. At least I'm not the only weird one!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Oh good. At least I'm not the only weird one!

Depends on how you look at it, I always thought the ones who didn't were weird.

(That ought to be good for some extra pages.):D

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Depends on how you look at it, I always thought the ones who didn't were weird.

(That ought to be good for some extra pages.):D
Ha!
You may be right about the ones that don't being the weird ones.:D
My dad always salted his watermelon and cantaloupe--and musk melon.
So Glen, are you a butter, salt, and pepper on your grits or a butter and sugar person? I have to confess I don't eat grits often--and when I do I prefer them in a casserole with garlic and cheese.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Ha!
So Glen, are you a butter, salt, and pepper on your grits or a butter and sugar person? I have to confess I don't eat grits often--and when I do I prefer them in a casserole with garlic and cheese.
Either way, don't eat them often, but it is the only hot cereal I will eat. Only reason is I live far engough north they ain't never showed up in the morning on a hospital try with "Soft Diet" on the tag.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Oh, I also have to have Tabsco or other similar pepper sauce (not salsa) on my eggs.:D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Ha!
I love butter, salt, and pepper on my grits. Do you have a recipe for your casserole? That sounds yummy!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Last thing that I want is more salt ( unhealthy ) but I can see that it might add to the taste !
Eat less salt eleswhere and you can have it on melon.;)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Yes to salt on watermelon, yes to salt and pepper on cantaloupe. And yes to salt and pepper on cottage cheese, throw in some diced up tomatoes and call it lunch.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Oh, I also have to have Tabsco or other similar pepper sauce (not salsa) on my eggs.:D
You and DH! Blach As for salt, I don't use it, ever. I use other seasonings with salt in them, but never just plain salt. I also never ever season something after its cooked, now who's weird:eek:

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
My MIL always did. I snagged a piece out of her bowl a few weeks ago and nearly gagged, it was so salty! Yech. I like my fruits nice and sweet.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
You and DH! Blach As for salt, I don't use it, ever. I use other seasonings with salt in them, but never just plain salt. I also never ever season something after its cooked, now who's weird:eek:
Denny likes foods a lot saltier than I like mine...normally I just cook with a little salt and then add it after it's cooked to taste. You get used to less....I just wish he'd listen to me since his bp is already so high!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts