Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was so disappointed that Jaslene won. :-X

I think it is because she is bilingual spanish/english (rather than russian/english) and will appeal to both target consumers of Cover Girl: caucasian and Latina teens.

Her "high school personality" shot WAS incredible, though!

THe best line of the entire season was delivered by Renee when she was told that she looked to old: "I'd rather have wisdom in my eyes and knowledge in my brain than be an empty shell like some of these girls." ;D

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Re: Does anyone else want to admit to watching America's Next Top Model? *SPOILE

Yes Jenn. I watch it here. I think that Jaslene was pretty then the other girl. I didnt keep up with it all season, so I dont know all the drama they had.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Oooh, that is one "reality" show that I do watch. Rene was a bit of a "hard ticket", as my father would say (about some of the girls in my neighborhood when I was growing up), but she did take pretty pictures. I think Jaslene was just the lesser of the 2 evils. I didn't think anyone out of this crop really had "Top Model" material. I think they just had to pick someone out of the lot they had. I bet there are far more working models in the industry right now that are far better suited to become a "Top" model than most of these girls. Then again, the show isn't really supposed to be about modelling, it's about the catfights and drama btwen the contestants. Oh yeah, I watch it! ;D

S

·
0 Posts
Yup! My daughter and I watch and then discuss. Daughter lives away at school.

I thought that was a creative spin on the judges comments by Renee, but not what they were getting at. It wasn't the "wisdom" in her eyes that lost it for her - I took it that they worried that she looked too old feature-wise for their target audience and she had prematurely aged her skin with sun damage.

I like Jaslene!

J

·
0 Posts
Natasha didn't look as pretty as Jaslene when the stood next to each other but her pictures were gorgeous. Jaslene is really "fierce" looking..... Tough call

1 - 5 of 5 Posts