Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team 3 Dawg Flite went to a DockDogs event up in Virginia Beach this weekend. It was a really awesome event....very hot, but lots of great people and big jumping dogs.

Unfortunately, Sally and Spud were not among the big jumping dogs. It was not our best weekend. Sally did okay in Big Air....one 1st place and one 3rd place (both Senior). Her best jump was 19' which is about average for her. Her best Speed Retrieve run was only 7.63 seconds which is not good at all for her. I think the heat got to her and she just gave out of gas. She did, however, have a great time jumping which is the bottom line anyway.

Poor Spud was the one I really felt sorry for. He did one jump Friday (1st place Senior) and then Saturday morning, we noticed he had cold tail. So we scratched him from all of Saturday's jumps. He jumped once more Sunday morning, but I think he didn't feel too good.

Hoppy actually did pretty good. He never went off the dock, but he did retrieve the wubba by going down the exit ramp which is a huge first step.

Here are some pics. One of Sally's Speed Retrieve heats:

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a few more:

Me getting the crowd revved up in cheering for Hoppy, hoping maybe that might help him jump:

One of poor Spud. I felt so sorry for him. This was the one and only ribbon he received all weekend.

Sally with her bling:

And one more of Hoppy just because I thought he was so sweet up there:

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Wow, look at the determination in her eyes. Way to go Sally, Spud and Hoppy! :)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I love the picture of Hoppy licking your face. It almost looks as if he is saying "are you sure about this mom?". What a sweet boy. Sally is so intense. I love watching her pictures. Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Love these two pics.

The first one I imagine is saying "You want me to do what mom? Jump off this dock, you say, & get the wubba that is in the water?" :eek:

The second should say "Umm, no I'd much rather stay here & give you some lovin'!" :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts