Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm upstairs in bed already at 9:30 because hubby had a crappy day and is trying pick a fight with me and I don't have the energy. My initial stomping up the stairs brought my shadow, Remy up with me. But then he heard hubby getting food in the kitchen and he ditched me to try to score some potato chips.

But now I have mygolden girl curled up at my feet. She's a daddy's girl, but she loves being on this bed. :)

So, do your furkids pick sides when you fight?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Dio is a mama's boy. :) When I cry, he tries to lick my face and cuddle me. So sweet!

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
We really don't fight, believe it or not. I honestly can't remember the last fight we had. But....our dogs are very attuned to us being out of sorts with anything. If either one of us is in a bad mood or has nerves on edge about something, the dogs always act like they've done something wrong. They stay the heck away from the one in the bad mood.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
That's a cute story. Ditched for potato chips. Yep, I can see that happening. :D

Angus doesn't care when we fight. He seems completely unaffected.

Simon, on the other hand, is deeply affected. He doesn't pick a side, but goes and hides because he's convinced it's about him, no matter that we've never yelled at him for any reason.

But if we split up and go into different rooms, Angus almost always goes with me. Because, I think, I am the most likely source for food. :) I don't kid myself about where his alliances are and why.

·
Registered
55 Posts
One of Louie's nickname's is "The Ref" as in referee. He attempts to calm down whoever is the most emotional. It doesn't have to be an argument, it can be someone venting about being cut-off in traffic, etc. If your blood pressure is elevated, it's his "job" to calm you down - usually by sitting or laying on you and licking your ears or face. But he HAS to climb on you.

Now, sometimes the wife and I "play-fight" and he will get in between us and try to calm us down.

·
Registered
456 Posts
lol thats funny! if i'm angry apple will pounce me like tigger does poohbear and she'd pin me so that i cant breath and starts licking my nose which makes me gasp some more, and it works, i feel great after the face bath.
Casey, well she stays away... very neutral.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I'm not sure, because we never fight. I'm smart enough to know that I'm always wrong. :)

Seriously, I don't think Theo even notices when we argue. Sharp as a bowling ball, that boy...

·
Registered
529 Posts
munich did he was a mommas boy. he would get between my ex and i actually try for a hold and bark against me. (hence the reason i see dominance in all behaviers )

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
We don't fight all that much, but I will get upset and raise my voice. This makes the dogs run over to me, and Emilu gets all nervous and upset and wiggles around me. She is most sensitive to my moods, especially when I am upset.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Thunder gets in between us and barks and rubs up against us.
Simba goes to the bathtub and
Bud...he is just there! LOL He doesn't care one way or another.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Even though Jobe is a daddy's boy (or so I always say), where I go, the boys go, especially if I'm upset. Usually both labs are up on the bed with me and I'm a labbydor wrapped burrito.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
We really don't fight, believe it or not. I honestly can't remember the last fight we had. But....our dogs are very attuned to us being out of sorts with anything. If either one of us is in a bad mood or has nerves on edge about something, the dogs always act like they've done something wrong. They stay the heck away from the one in the bad mood.
That's exactly how it is at our house. Hubby gets mad at the politicians and yells at the TV sometimes, the dogs always come sit by me.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
We don't really have screaming matches, but if one of us is angry at anything (TV, stove, exams) Jake heads for the hills. He's the sensitive one. Charlotte couldn't care less. She's happily oblivious, just bouncing around waiting for an opportunity to get on the couch.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Sadie just goes off in another room if we get loud which isn't often.

Funny thing, when DD and I got loud our cat just started meowing very loudly!! She has done it twice.....LOL.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
When our voices get loud, Wesley will feel the need to step in and stop the yelling. BIG BARK!!!

Funny enough, it does help. I usually take it as a 'time out' signal -- sheesh, even WES can see that this thing is getting out of hand -- and pull back.

I like to think its some sort of natural diplomacy on his part, a sixth-sense display of an admirable sense of empathy and understanding of the strife that sometimes infringes on his humans' existence.

But I clearly recognize it for what it is: "Shaddup over there! I'm napping, you morons!!!"

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Arguments or loud discussions are brought to a quick end. She will get in between and bark at whoever is making the current noise. Does not matter who. If the other person takes the opportunity to start talking/yelling, she immediately switches the target of her barks. Loud noisses are not allowed in the house, unless she is making them.

·
Registered
129 Posts
When my sister and I actually fight the dogs don't get into it until things have calmed down and normally when I storm off to my room Abby will come in and lay down on the floor. But when were kidding around and play fighting it's a whole nother story. No matter who starts it Abby goes after me. She'll bark at me and get in on it helping whoever I'm fighting with until Bo intervenes. Then they go off wrestling and play fighting

1 - 20 of 21 Posts