Just Labradors banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Barley is almost 2 and he LOVES to lick one dog in particular, Brewster. He will lay down facing him and lick lick lick his forehead and ears forever!! I think it's adorable! Is it just an expression of love or something else like "young pup behavior"?

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Willy will lick Libby's face sometimes. Not vica-versa. I thought I read on here one time that this means submission to the alpha dog or something like that. They are their servant, they are kissing their feet!

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
It is supposed to be a sign of submission. I am reading Merle's Door and there is a lot of background insight into dogs.

·
Registered
11,989 Posts
When we had Lucy, Diesel loved to lick her ears. Now Blaise does it to him. I swear - Diesel's ears are spotless. The funniest part is when Blaise walks over to a sleeping Dee and flips up his ear and settles down with his paws on either side of Dee's head for a good long wash. Dee loves it!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Buster, our middle beagle, is the licker around here. He moves from dog to dog making sure everybody's ears are spotless. However, nobody licks him. BJ occasionally will lick Boomer or Blaze's face but its usually a couple quick swipes. They all like to give me kisses tho.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sisko likes to lick Trip's face and ears and I think Trip would rather he do that than chew on his neck all of the time! LOL!

Tasha can take only so much ear licking before she bares her teeth. Then, Sisko licks her teeth! That impresses Tasha even less! Guess she's just a cranky old b*itch.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Ollie can often be found sucking on his big brudder's left ear... :)
Really? Wow I haven´t noticed LOL. Poor Henry always has a sucked up ear in all his pics

Homer is the nibbler in the house. He also goes for the ears (both Misha´s and mine). whenever you pet him he will start nibbling back. Misha licks Homer´s eyes to get you know what... and she loves to kiss me (not nibble just lick the hell out of me)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.