Just Labradors banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Wow, didn't know twizzles could generate so much interest.

How cute they all are!

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Aww yes....we have a twizzle in this house :D ...what I call "butterscotch-dipped," in fact...

Here are a couple of pics where you can kind of see it...not the best but gives you the idea:

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Boo used to have a twizzle tail but I haven't seen it for a few months. It grew into a regular lab tail. I really liked the little twizzle. :-[

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The latest scuttle-butt is that people aren't trimming twizzles because they show a proper wrapped tail which is indicative of "correct coat" on a lab. But this pertains more to the show labs....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Maggie has TWIZZLE-BUTT. You can kind of see it in this picture. You can also tell she did not want her picture taken!

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Does anyone remember who it was that would put a burning match to the end of their dogs tail before they showed them? I can remember that thread from years ago. It was one of those funny threads that you had to read the whole thing or you were totally lost. She finally posted pictures of how she controls the hair on the end of the dogs tail before showing.

Anyone remember??? Or have I lost my mind?? :p

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
lablover said:
Does anyone remember who it was that would put a burning match to the end of their dogs tail before they showed them? I can remember that thread from years ago. It was one of those funny threads that you had to read the whole thing or you were totally lost. She finally posted pictures of how she controls the hair on the end of the dogs tail before showing.

Anyone remember??? Or have I lost my mind?? :p
You haven't lost your mind. I think it was Uplandlabs who posted about singing the twizzle for showing. :)

·
Registered
584 Posts
OK...I am a bit nieve on this, but what is a twizzle tail? My Rascal has a tail like that (looks like the one in the first pic), but what does it mean compared to the other tails? Just curious.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Chatham does, although we didn't have a name for it. I just thought he was having a bad tail day. I love it and play with it too. You can kinda see it in my signature picture.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
You guys are as strange as the Cowboy Action Shooting board I haunt, guess that's why I keep comin' back. ;D Seen this, it was almost time to go to work, Rowdy is sleeping on the couch, I take a picture, it don't show up well on the green couch. I look for a back ground, grab a sheet of typing paper, slip it under his tail, Rowdy thinks I went crazy as you can see. I go to the computor, Rowdy is looking at me like I'm crazy, I grab the card stick it in, down load it and crop and size it. Get post ready, big mouth graps camera and in the struggle the post goes away and I'm out of time and havew to leave. OK, he don't have one, yet. ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Yes, both of mine have twizzles. Libby's grows outward in a longer "string" in the center and Monty's grows outward into a little "spray" of hairs, LOL.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Again....what does it mean if your dog has a twizzle tail? My dog has one...but what does that mean compared to another look of a labs tail?

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Rider has a twizzle tail...Drake doesn't

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Delielah, as far as I know it don't mean nothing except to those who want to prissy up their dogs and get upset over a bad tail day.

BTW my last one Midnite had a bad twizzle tail and it upset by Ex something fierce, she even tried to get her sistor the hair dresser to trim it once, she of course being somewhat of a snob said she didn't do dogs. ;D

Anyway I moused it up real nice one time with bacon grease and showed her, she thought it looked great, later he had a worse twizzle tail and I told her he must like it that way. ;D She gave up, course I never told her it was bacon grease I fixed it with. ;D

21 - 40 of 48 Posts