Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
::)

Mine do. Abby will tolerate it, but Molly wants no part of it. Once we put it on there's no skin reaction and she doesn't try to rub it off, but for some reason she doesn't want me near her with the K9 Advantix tube. I finally got her to let me clean her ears (lol) so hopefully we can move on to flea/tick topical application.

I was going to put it on yesterday but completely forgot so today they are both getting a good brushing, a hose down and then after they dry it's Advantix time!

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh boy, YES! I don't know what it is about that little tube, but it FREAKS Angus out! :eek: He has to be heavily treated/pezzed by me while Kevin squeezes it out. :p

·
Registered
531 Posts
Try putting it in a glass of hot water just for a few seconds to warm it up and see if that makes any difference. Ernie has been good about letting us put it on but my Aunt's dog goes crazy unless she warms it up.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
I don't think Brigetta realizes what's going on. I use Frontline Plus...so I break open the packet, put her between my legs, separate her hair and start squirting. The hardest part is keeping her hair separated while she's trying to turn around to see what I'm doing to her.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Hmmm....Zoe is fine when I put her frontline on..
I make her go to her bed, give her a chew and apply.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Mine don't seem to mind. I only do it a few times per year and it is over and done with in a few seconds. I don't make a big deal out of it. My oldest cat on the other hand...good grief. You would have thought I was torturing him. He completely freaks out. I need to wear thick gardening gloves to restrain him. You would have thought he would be used to it over the course of 13 years but nope...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
When I say it's time for flea meds, he hangs his head and walk in slow motion.... like he's on death row.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts