Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Willy gets depressed sometimes. He'll go through spells, example, the last couple days he didn't get much outside time. It was very rainy and we were not home one night. Now for the past two days, he lays on the spare bed and won't greet my husband when he gets home from work and he wouldn't come get his kong before I left for work. He just lays in there, when I went to get him he acted all excited like he does when we come home, but he wouldn't get off the bed. I don't think he's sick. He's eating, drinking, playing, everything fine. He is a nibbler, he has to have his stuffie he carries around and nibbles on. It seems like a lot of the times he's stuck inside more than usual he gets like this. It's kind of weird. We've been giving him extra lovins and stuff, not sure what else to do except get outside. The sun is shining today, I'm going to go home and take them for an extra long walk.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Yes. Every time the kibble-box goes back in the cabinet.

·
Registered
810 Posts
My Willow is such a Daddy’s girls that if I go away for a few days she will mope around the house looking all sad.

Last time I went away for training for work my wife called me and said that something was wrong with her; she wouldn’t eat or go outside to go the bathroom she was drinking water but only a little. So I thought that when I got home a Vet visit would be in order.

I got home the next day after being gone for 4 days and as soon as I walked in the house I got the happy tail I took her outside and after a few kicks of the soccer ball she did her business then went into the house and ate an entire bowl of food. She was fine after a good belly scratch.

So yes I think she was a little depressed my wife was shocked…lol

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Mine don't get depressed, but when I am gone they miss me. I had to go away for a couple of days last fall. Thankfully, I have someone who can stay here and house sit and watch them. They looked for me, but seemed to handle it ok. Plus, I had to be away for a week when Tal was fairly young (5 months) and I had a friend house sit then too. He kept looking for me, but he did ok.

Now, like dweck, when the treat box goes back into the cupboard, that is cause for sever depression. :cool:

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I don't think the idea of depression, or even just sadness even exists in Baloo-land. It's one of the things I find so utterly endearing about him. He displays many emotions; excitement, joy, anticipation, contentment, but never sadness or depression. Maybe a little fear at times, but that is quickly washed away in place of a more upbeat emotion. :)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
DH says anytime I'm gone for an overnight trip that Sammi "just isn't herself" I'm not sure if she is really depressed or if she knows her routine is different! She loves DH so I don't worry to much, but she goes everywhere with mom so it probably does mess with her a little bit!

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
If i just go for a walk, and keep this up for a day (or maybe two), then Laika gets realy depressed. And after a while she gets her: "crazy 5 minutes, butt on the floor, and go like dragster" :D

And, she also gets depressed if you dont throw 'things' she can retrieve. But for the rest, no she dont gets depressed at all ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts