0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This took my babies exactly 1/2 hour to destroy when I gave them 4 new toys
Notice the undesructable $18 kong
Well, back outside you naughty dogs!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Never, except for the skin of an old tennis ball - and I'm in shock looking at what looks like it once was a big red Kong!!!! I thought they were indestructable!!!!!
I don't buy stuffed toys but he never wrecked anything like a Kong or a hard rubber thing.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Kongs are no indestructable for a lab...lol some on here have even got the black ones which are tougher and have had them destroyed. There was a thread a while back about an Orbe ball (I think) that stood up well with really tough chewers.

Y

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, looks like they are working on the corners of your deck rails, also ;D

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
YEP! Aaaand, I have only ONE lab. I stopped buying the red kongs because Mickey could destroy that in minutes. I tried the black, and it took a lot longer, but he still needed constant supervision. Now we have this blue Kong that we bought from our vet that is super hard, and is able to be seen on x-ray should he be able to chew a piece off before we can take it away. (I saw off and sand down that stupid nub at the top because that's usually the first thing he chews off).

I've only found one semi-indestructable Lovee, and that was the allegator (they mostly come as dinosaurs) I bought at Pet Star. He eventually ripped the mouth open to 'kill the squeaker', but he hasn't been able to unstuff it. I'll see if I can find a link to that toy and post it.

Good Luck! (your two naughties are very cute, btw!)

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Lucy can rip apart the big tirebiter and just about anything else she sets her mind to. Kongs are spared for some reason as well as a few favorite stuffies.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Ya, mine have all destroyed black and red kongs...tirebiters...gone within minutes!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
LOL!!!! ;D

Oh, ahem, sorry.

My boys destroyed the red kong, too. They're good with the black one. I also have a blue police dog kong which is supposed to be the strongest of all of them.

Well now you know not to buy stuffed toys for them. They're not allowed in our house, either. Kongs and nylabones, that's it.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Anything stuffed gets immediately destroyed...mostly by Emma.

Pool toys we only allow in the pool to prevent them from getting mauled.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
We don't do stuffed animals anymore.... they like to rip them apart !! We have kongs of various sizes and shapes and they have never chewed them up !

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
Bandit loves stuffed toys, never destuffs them unless they have a squeaker. He hates kongs though, he never chews them, not even if it has treats in it. Weird dog! LOL

·
Registered
919 Posts
My old lab, Callie, used to destroy her stuffed toys in under 5 minutes!!! I actually used to restuff the toy and sew it closed (which lasted about 2 minutes!). Then I discovered she hated the stuffing and the squeaky inside, but loved carrying the material around! It would last for over a month or so that way, so I'd let her destroy the new toy, throw the stuffing and squeaky out, and she was happy. My sister has 2 dogs who also destroy their stuffed toys, so she goes to flea markets and buys stuffed animals there for under $1. Who cares if they rip them up? ;D

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Laika has some toy's but she's never in a destructive mode :)

Since she's over here in house, she never has demolished stuff, or even thinking about to do so! ;)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I heard they have an opening at the recycling center for steel belted radial tire shredders. I think Merlot and Zoey might qualify. ;D
No stuffed toys for my boys but Kongs and Nylabones hold up OK.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts