Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
What exacty is it, anyway? I've been hearing that term a lot on NPR lately. Is it like a message board or FB community?

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its basically the same thing as the status update on facebook.

You reply to the question ... what are you doing?

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I've been invited by several friends but haven't signed up yet. Don't know if I can keep up with another one!!! eeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkk!!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
No, but I guess all our legislators do and did during Obama's speech. I have an account but haven't used it.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
it is so hard to keep up with all of this...I just now got around to FB....a friend just sent me info on Twitter....this can all consume me. no Twitter for me....yet....

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I have it but rarely use it. I mainly follow a few other people's twitters through my own :) It is cool that you can text to it!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
No, I'm having a hard time keeping up with things as it is. Another one will just sink me.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
I don't understand it. We've become a society that has become addicted to the sound bite. So much so, that now we communicate in partial sentences and personal shorthand. Grammar, syntax and spelling have fallen by the wayside. For someone who relies heavily on clear communication for my work, this is all rather alarming. I'm seeing this 'laziness' creeping into faxes and e-mails from consultants, clients and contractors. Construction of large buildings is complicated enough and poor communication doesn't make it any easier. In fact it can result in errors and omissions, leading to possible lawsuits for the players.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I deactivated my facebook acct., really just didn't get it. Don't have and won't have a my space- this is as good as it gets for me- pathetic I know. I do text and email- but that's it for me. I'll save my Tweetering for.... well lets just say it won't be on the computer!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I don't understand it. We've become a society that has become addicted to the sound bite. So much so, that now we communicate in partial sentences and personal shorthand. Grammar, syntax and spelling have fallen by the wayside. For someone who relies heavily on clear communication for my work, this is all rather alarming. I'm seeing this 'laziness' creeping into faxes and e-mails from consultants, clients and contractors. Construction of large buildings is complicated enough and poor communication doesn't make it any easier. In fact it can result in errors and omissions, leading to possible lawsuits for the players.
Sorry Mr. Proust, but I didn't get beyond "addicted to." Could you summarize?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts