Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lived with my mom & dad for a while so my pooch was used to having someone around all the time. My mom stays at home and I have to say (with love, of course!) she spoiled my dog Saba rotten!!! Ever since I moved into my condo 3 weeks ago, it's just the 2 of us. Saba was never one to lie on beds, but now he won't sleep on his own bed. He falls asleep on my bed and that's it. He always just lies on one side of the bed by my feet, and then around 1-2 am he goes off and goes to the living to sleep on the... yup, sofa! He figured out what's comfy I guess... Not sure how to make him stop doing that, not that I mind really. Having him sleep with me gives me comfort, he's just such a love bug... except those nights that he has gas... and tonight he has some stinkers... Anyway, do you let your dog sleep on your bed? I know some people are so against it, so was I, but now I guess I have nothing to say. He owns me :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
44 Posts
My girls each have nice clean soft beds of their own in our bedroom. They sleep in their own beds.....until my husband gets up to go to work or if he is out of town they sleep with me.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
When we got Emma my DH banned her from sleeping on the bed. That lasted...hmmm maybe 2 weeks :laugh:
She gradually, when she earned her way out of the crate, wormed her way right into his heart and his bed. She sleeps with us every night all night. Aidan starts off on the bed, but he gets too hot and gets down and heads for his crate or the tile floor in the bathroom.

G

·
all 3 of my girls sleep with me on the bed
They know how far they can push the limits of stealing the blankets and pushing me out of the bed. But there has been a few times that they find themselvs in their crates to finish out the night(NOT very often).
I wouldnt have it any other way.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
At 6 mos. old, Tucker was free of his crate at night, and slept in our bedroom, on the floor. After a short while, he discovered the joy of sleeping in bed with us. :-\

That's where he still sleeps....though some nights he's up and down on the bed to the floor. It's one thing I regret, that we ever let it start. Talk about a bed hog ::)

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
yes. we like cuddling with them, too.
luke leaves when we fall asleep, and he sleeps on his own bed or on the bedroom floor.
taylor will either leave as well, and sometimes she goes to the foot of our bed.
penny likes to sleep with her nose under my arm or curled up against my neck the whole night.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Yes, all of my dogs are allowed in my bed. Ruger and Remington sleep with me... neither gets off the bed all night. Ruger sleeps at the foot of the bed, and Rems curls up beside my head. In the early morning, before they get up, they switch positions. Magnum likes to sleep on my bed during the daytime. At night she prefers to sleep on the couch in the family room.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Tal usually sleeps in the bed with me. Most nights I have to move him into place but I don't mind really. Some nights he sleeps in his crate or on the couch.

The other morning tho I woke up and he had, sometime during the night, neatly arranged all his toys under one end of the coffee table...I cracked up when I saw that one!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I am such a light sleeper, have never been able to have kids or pups on the bed. That being said, Sammi is always just down the hall on her bed, our door is open, and she sleeps well, as we do!!

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hee hee...exactly. They just do what they want because they are too cute to get mad at them!! Somedays I'm amazed that God created such wonderful creatures - labs. :angel: Glad to see I'm not the only sucker out there!!! lol
here is Saba begging for a piece of ham my sister had (and her cat probably thinking...dummie.. she'll give it to you anyway! no need to work for it!) lol

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
995 Posts
Nick & Nora are good enough to allow me to sleep on the bed.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Merlin used to sleep in his bed in the laundry, with the door open, so he could wander round the house. But since I've moved his bed into my bedroom, he has slept so well all the way through the night!
He wandered around alot when he was in the other room, and I would wake up with his 'tippety tappity tippety tappity' of his feet on the bedroom floor.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Nope. Apollo sleeps in the hallway adjacent to our bedroom at night. NO WAY could he sleep in our bed......we already share it with three overbearing kitties! lol! Time to buy a king size!

G

·
darkchocngold said:
My girls each have nice clean soft beds of their own in our bedroom. They sleep in their own beds.....until my husband gets up to go to work or if he is out of town they sleep with me.
He He just like our house.

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Brees will get on our bed and play with us, but she hardly ever sleeps with us. Good thing too since both the boys usually end up in there at night! lol She prefers her kennel, in our bedroom, with her sheepskin blanket (it's soft so I can't blame her! lol)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Nope, Thor doesn't sleep in my bed with me. He is on the floor somewhere, or else he is out in the hallway where his bed is with my door open.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
They have snuggled in the bed with me many times but they don't sleep on there at night. Not enough room. Plus the amount of hair deposited is unreal. But the big reason I don't allow it is moving -- they move around ALL the time. Circling around, plonking over, scratching, scraping the bed trying to get comfortable. I'm a light sleeper so there is no way it could work.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Two Labs in our bed
And one on the floor...
We have a king bed -
And room for three more!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts