Just Labradors banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You'll have to use your imagination. They lost the $50 Trillion I was going to use for my demonstration.

Global Financial Assets Lost $50 Trillion Last Year

The value of global financial assets including stocks, bonds and currencies probably fell by more than $50 trillion in 2008, equivalent to a year of world gross domestic product, according to an Asian Development Bank report.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
What is the obsession with figuring out how far X dollars would reach if stretched end to end? Why don't we talk about these issues in more meaningful terms? Like for example, how much $50 trillion would w[eigh] in pennies, and whether it would be more or less than a duck.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the obsession with figuring out how far X dollars would reach if stretched end to end? Why don't we talk about these issues in more meaningful terms? Like for example, how much $50 trillion would way in pennies, and whether it would be more or less than a duck.
I think it would be more. But I'm not sure. What type of duck are we talking about? Is it traveling at, or near, the speed of light?

Maybe that's why they put it in terms of traveling to the moon and back 6 times, something we're a little more familiar with.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
jason would agree that she is an evil witch and that we should get rid of her as soon as possible.

btw: my way of spelling way was an attempt at mocking your spelling error.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
You'll have to use your imagination. They lost the $50 Trillion I was going to use for my demonstration.

Global Financial Assets Lost $50 Trillion Last Year
I didn't use my imagination. I used a calculator.

The correct answer is: 413,762,626.26 miles.

That is approximately 4.49 X the distance from the Earth to the Sun

Even my ex-wife couldn't spend that much money!

:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts