Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do, pretty bad in my feet, which is a real ***** because it makes walking/running painful and I am finding myself getting less active!!

To make a long story short... six months ago I went to the doc, she said my cholestrol was up 22 points. The only thing I was doing different was taking fish oil twice a day. Well, I quit the fish oil.

Six months later, another blood test, cholestrol is still going up. Talked with the doc about diet/fish oil. Doc reassured me the fish oil would have nothing to do with it.

Started back on my fish oil.

OMG, I'm not kidding you, the pain in my feet has improved dramatically!!! Better than tylenol, Aleve, or anything I've taken for it. I just didn't realize before how much it (the fish oil) was controlling inflammation.

I will never stop with the fish oil.

Just passing this along in case you wanted to try it, etc.

And, my dogs take it too!!!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Good idea. I have it in my knees and one shoulder (car accidents). I'll give it a try. I don't have a whole lot of trouble with it - but mostly because I take it pretty easy and try to stay off stairs. But my shoulder has been just killing me lately.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Fish oil is supposed to be great for you - lots of Omega 3's. I take glucosamine chondritin, and I think it helps with stiffness, but you've about convinced me to go to fish oil again - do you get the kind that bypasses the stomach so you don't burp fishy stuff all day? I had that trouble with some brands, and then couldn't find the one that didn't make me burp. What kind do you take?

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
My future MIL takes cinnamon for her cholesterol, worked great :) (That and fewer biscuits hehe)

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Yes, started with arthritis when I was in my 20's. Have had two back surgeries to remove bone spurs. Also have it in my wrist, shoulder and knee. Last year my family doctor suggested I take fish oil to help. I have to say it does help. It also has help my cholesterol. To help with the fish burps, I keep my pills in the freezer.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
My husband, dogs, and I take it everyday. I have RA. It's not too bad but is the worst in both knees, hips and hands. I've taken fish oil for so long, I'm not sure if it helps or not.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Are we talking about osteo or rheumatoid arthritis? I've got osteo in my lower back. Most days it hurts like hell just getting out of a chair or bending over to pick something up off the floor. ATM I'm taking 1x600mg calcium & 1x1500mg glucosamine daily plus the occasional painkillers. If fish oil helps, I'll give it a try.

·
Registered
618 Posts
I am going to give it a try too. My shoulder is in extreme pain from a fall a few months ago. (Trying to be a kid again and ride a bike - fell off, jammed shoulder) So far I've tried acupuncture, acupressure, massage, vicodine, all sorts of exercises and meds. I'm up for the fish oil!

Thanks - you guys know everything!:)

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
I have it in my thumbs. Not carpel tunnel but arthur. It makes opening jars, picking things up very difficult at times. I'll have to try the fish oil.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I have rheumatoid arthritis and take precription meds. I also supplement with Omega 3, and I think it helps with the inflamation I have. Coromega makes a chocolate orange squeeze pack I take daily. Absolutely no fish taste or pay back burps later on!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts