Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all... we are going camping (in our new-to-us pop-up!) and I want to make a pasta salad for our dinners. I've tried a few different dressings in the past, but am wondering if anyone has any great recipes to share. We like a traditional creamy dressing, you know... the mayo/vinegar/sugar combo in some proportion. Anyone have anything to share along those lines??

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
1 pound medium pasta shells
Coarse salt and ground pepper
1 cup light mayonnaise
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
6 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise, plus 1 cup celery leaves
1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped

Directions

Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente; drain and rinse under cold water to stop cooking. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add celery stalks and leaves, onion, and cooled pasta; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Watch me make Theresa's head explode. Ready?

:D

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Chicken macaroni salad

Ingredients:

2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1/3 cup frozen corn
1 cup cubed cooked chicken (Costco sells this in their deli section, strips,not cubed, but you can cube it)

1/4 cup sliced celery
1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions:

Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Cook corn according to package directions; drain and cool.
In a serving bowl, combine the macaroni, corn, chicken, celery, egg, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Chicken macaroni salad

Ingredients:

2/3 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
1/3 cup frozen corn
1 cup cubed cooked chicken (Costco sells this in their deliu section, strips,not cubed, but you can cube it)

1/4 cup sliced celery
1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
1 tablespoon chopped onion
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Directions:

Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Cook corn according to package directions; drain and cool.
In a serving bowl, combine the macaroni, corn, chicken, celery, egg, green pepper and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over salad and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before
mmmmmm

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
My daughter makes really good pasta salad, but the dressing doesn't have mayo in it. I use the ingredients you said, but to taste. I don't really have measurements. Sorry. Those other recipes sound good!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks T! I should have just sent you an email, I knew you would come through! ;) This way others get your recipes too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts