Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
My local Califon, NJ celebrities are John Amos and Joe Piscapo.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Amy Brenneman from Judging Amy; Candace Bushnell - author of Sex and the City and there are rumors that both Travis Tritt and Billy Joel have homes in our town, but no one is sure where. Oh and Jack Lemmon's son lives in town.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh! And Eric Clapton stays at a friends house nearby and fishes The Gorge every summer for a couple of weeks. That's the other end of my road. :)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Austin Collie, wide receiver for Indianapolis, is from my town.

Go Colts!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
So you mean a celebrity that's only a celebrity locally?

The only one I can think of is Sammy Terry, but I'm sure there are others.

He had a show where he hosted horror movies. (Get it? Sammy Terry = Cemetery.)

http://www.sammyterrynightmares.com/

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Our town's "local celebrity" is Josh Kornbluth, who I see at the grocery store all the time. He does tons of local events, emcees charity auctions, etc., etc. Wavy Gravy also counts, I guess, but I don't know if he's around anymore.

We have a bunch of minor celebrities in town, including Michael Chabon, Michael Pollan, Robert Reich, Ayelet Waldman, Dave Eggers, Alice Waters. And, of course, Green Day.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Oh! And Eric Clapton stays at a friends house nearby and fishes The Gorge every summer for a couple of weeks. That's the other end of my road. :)
I didn't know that, Amy. Cool!

Let's see- Petra Ford & Tyler lilve a few miles from us, and train where we do. Hey, Amy- they actually live in Lebabnon Twp.:wink: Of course, they're only celebrities in the obedience world. LOL

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Yes, Peter Frampton lives in Cincinnati. Cris Collinsworth lives in northern Kentucky. Jerry Springer still has a home here I think (I worked with him for about five or six years at channel 5. When he left to start his talk show we had a big party and he made a speech and said, "My talk show is not going to be about trashy subjects. There won't be anything like lesbian nuns on my show" hahahahhahaha)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh stop it with you Califon vs. Lebanon Twp! LOL!! I'm going to casually walk the dogs down there this summer to see if I can find him. :)

There are a bunch of celebs with homes in Tewksbury.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Oh, I forgot to mention The Guy with Scary Eyes and Matted Dreadlocks Who Stands in the Middle of the Street Screaming. Certainly everyone in town knows who he is, so I guess that makes him a celebrity of sorts.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Vancouver is Hollywood North, so there's a ton of celebrities here. Notable (subjective) people born here:

Raymond Burr
James Doohan
Michael J. Fox
Jason Priestly
Ryan Reynolds
Carrie-Ann Moss

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
My fiance is from a town of about 2000 people. Garrett Hedlund (Four Brothers, Brad Pitt's nephew, or w/e, in Troy, and Georgia Rule) is from there and my fiance grew up with him, and played hockey with him. I have not yet met him, but he comes home once and a while to see his grandparents, as they still live there.

Steve Zahn (I think that is his name) was born in the town I'm from (it's a town of about 12k people), but I'm not sure how long he was there.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
We have lots! We have Jeff Daniels, Kid Rock, Aretha Franklin and lots more! Can you guess where I live?
I'm going to need some help guessing; is the unemployment rate higher or lower than 12%?

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Sadly our area is known for housing inmates that shot famous people.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts