Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go into a store and spy a new carpet or vinyl floor cleaning product. AH! That'll do the trick! I buy.

And just by the mere act of carrying it into the house I think the task is complete. I put it away in a cabinet thinking somehow, unopened and not applied, that bottle or jar or plastic container is going to make my carpeting or flooring look and smell like the great outdoors! And I'm not talking about dog yard great outdoors, I've already got that mastered. I'm talking about the smells and cleanliness of the Redwood Forest and even the Grand Canyon.

It just never, never does work for me no matter how tight I shut my eyes and pretend.

Anyone else guilty of that little trip?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
*raises hand*

Yup, my bathroom will magically become sparkling clean because I purchased a new cleaner.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I do it with outside stuff, like fertilizer, deck cleaner, etc. Somehow they're still sitting there six months later. Nobody came along and used them while I wasn't home. Go figure!

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Yeah - I don't get why this stuff doesn't work for us like it does on TV - if we buy it, should it not be obligated to do it's job without our help?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I'm a classic case of buying tons of earth-friendly cleaners and hardly cleaning at all....lol.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Would this explain the carpet cleaner we bought last year that we haven't taken out of the box yet?

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
oh yes!
But SU takes it one step further...he buys stuff by the case and uses just 1, or not even a full 1
:eek:

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Oh yes! When we moved into this new apartment, I could tell the kind of dingy (but original!!) wood floor would look great if I got one of those expensive wood-restoring polishing kits. Yep, I would just clean all the house before we moved in, let it dry, and my guests would be able to check their lipstick in the glare of my shiny wood floor. *snort*

Its on top of the toilet, never opened, and we've been moved in since March. Maybe this summer?

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Raises hand.
Mine is exercise magazines. And equipment. Like if I buy it and bring it home I will magically have buns of steel! (so far it hasn't worked.:D)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Would this explain the carpet cleaner we bought last year that we haven't taken out of the box yet?
I bought this thing called The Shark last year which is supposed to use steam to clean tile and grout. It's right there in the hall closet, still in the box. I had such good intentions.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Wow. Uncanny. You have described me to a tee.

I can't believe how long the Bona X hardwood floor cleaning system lasts! Why I bet I'll have that spiffy cleaning system for decades! It has 2 special microfiber cleaning cloths with fancy -dancy applicator, a specially formulated conditioner with it's own even fancier applicator.

The total cost is unimportant as compared to the feeling that this un-opened product is there in case the overwhelming urge to spiffy up the hardwoods washes over me again.

Apparently the uncontrollable desire to clean happens in the store or at least the farthest distance possible from the actual cleaning site.

Stay tuned. In two years I'll write a post on how great Bona X works (or How I took a beating on the price at our next garage sale)

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I bought paint, brushes and all the accessories to paint our bedroom - in 2002.

My walls are still white. Paint can has never been opened.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I once bought 100 tulip bulbs and then never planted them... but in my defense I also got preggers that Fall and ZERO energy for anything!

I'm a classic case of buying tons of earth-friendly cleaners and hardly cleaning at all....lol.
Well that just magnifies their earth-friendly properties, but not being put into the earth at all! You don't get much more zero-footprint then that!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Wow. Uncanny. You have described me to a tee.

I can't believe how long the Bona X hardwood floor cleaning system lasts! Why I bet I'll have that spiffy cleaning system for decades! It has 2 special microfiber cleaning cloths with fancy -dancy applicator, a specially formulated conditioner with it's own even fancier applicator.

The total cost is unimportant as compared to the feeling that this un-opened product is there in case the overwhelming urge to spiffy up the hardwoods washes over me again.

Apparently the uncontrollable desire to clean happens in the store or at least the farthest distance possible from the actual cleaning site.

Stay tuned. In two years I'll write a post on how great Bona X works (or How I took a beating on the price at our next garage sale)
That's what I have too!!!! Now that it's happened to two people I think we're safe to call this a "product defect." ;)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
That's what I have too!!!! Now that it's happened to two people I think we're safe to call this a "product defect." ;)
One of us needs to use this product! You first.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
SU always tells me that I am a marketing firms' dream come true. I can't simply walk by an endcap at the grocery store without believing that *this*, yes, *THIS* product will truly change my life.

As a side note, I am sick of buying floor cleaning products that promise wonderful results. But each leaves my floor looking dingy with a haze over it.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Never used cleaning products . . . check
Never used exercise videos/equipment . . . check
Never worn clothes . . . check
Never read books . . . check

I am so glad that I am not alone!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts