Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
around your lab. My brother is dropping off his lab, Keena(Manny's sister) to play for the day. I called him this morning to see what time they were coming. He says, "she's going to be so excited to go you know where to see you know who, I can't talk because she is sitting right here." They can't mention Manteo's name until they get in the car because she'll go crazy. We have to do the same with different names. It just really cracked me up to hear my brother talking like this. What words make your labs go crazy???

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Wanna........? That's all Maxi has to hear, and the answer is always YES accompanied by a happy dance. :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
If we use the word "Dinner" in front of Lizzie she thinks shes getting hers and starts running and jumping and whining for her food..

·
Registered
267 Posts
i have to spell "S, W, I, M" or Ellis goes nuts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I would say "walk" Trooper responds to "wanna" a lot, too. Another big one is... " who's coming" which has him running to the door and "where's your...." where he goes running to look for a certain toy. Pulling into the road that leads to the dog park brings out lots of excited yelps. ;D

·
Registered
539 Posts
We always have to spell b-a-l-l infront of Kallie, unless we want her to bring us one. And when we tell her "find" something...she will search the house/yard until she finds it and brings it to us!!!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Even at 16 weeks we can't say L-A-K-E. ;D This litl' fella is as sharp as a tack, I know there will be more soon.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
With Rush and Boo, Grandma and Grandpa, ride, walk, BALL, cookie, Cake. Cake is the worst, we spell it but she caught on so now we just describe it. ::) Only lab lovers would pay so close attention. hahaha

·
Registered
125 Posts
hungry, let's go, walk, okay (usually proceeds something else), park, outside, what's that?

What actions do your labs recognize? Mine know keys, certain shoes, changing clothes (for a walk after work)

G

·
We learned long ago with George to spell certain words, except he can spell "walk" now, so we started using synonyms for "walk" and now we've run out of those, too. Gigi takes her cues from him so she's learned to recognize Mom putting on sneakers as a precursor to a walk, but also they both know when Mom picks up her purse and keys, she's leaving and they're not, so they don't get excited about that. "Are you hungry?" means both of them make a beeline for the kitchen (George parks in front of the fridge, anticipating cheese) and "Want a treat?" has the same effect, though both think they should get a treat after going outside (and they do get one, LOL). They know "it's bedtime, babies" means they might as well go to their neutral corners and settle down (Gigi's is the couch, George's is his floor pillow).

The one that made me laugh on this thread is that "wanna (anything) ... ?" That sure is the truth. Begin any sentence with "wanna" and you could ask Gigi "wanna let me lop off your head?" and she'd still say "YEAH!!!!!"

·
Registered
256 Posts
walk, river, boat, outside, treat, cookie, ball, squirrel, teddy(toy), fish(toy), daddy, mamma, d-a-y-c-a-r-e, wanna, and unfortunately bath, and ears cleaned.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Rebel and Texas go nuts over walk, car ride, or swimming. And for some unknown reason "nintendo" makes Rebel go nuts. No clue why, I got bored one day and said nintendo to her and that word sets her off on a streak around the house.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Yes I have to watch what I say. Libby's sister goes crazy at the word "Grandma" or "Libby".

1 - 20 of 27 Posts