Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

<<frequent reader - infrequent poster>> :0)

Some quick background..i'm a 40 something divorced grandmother with a married son and his two little ones...all doing very well.

I love alone with my cat Sophie and my dog Sammie. Sam has never been lost or really out of my control since I bought him as a little pup.

Three times in the past two months, I've had dreams where Sam is lost...I'm with my family or work family and I can't get away from them and start looking for him. I'm in total panic but my search is in slow motion. I'm looking for directions or phone numbers and people in my dream delay me or can't understand why I'm so upset. I wake up with him curled up on my bed, happily sleeping but I feel unsettled and concerned.

Why do I keep having dream variations with this same theme?

Julie

B

·
0 Posts
Can't say for sure, but I have had that same dream. I've narrowed it down. The first time was after Billie got away for a few minutes when I was out of town and my neighbors were babysitting for me. She's an escape artist and it was totally not their fault. They looked for her, came back to their driveway to find her sitting there looking at them like "let me in guys I'm hungry".

Second time, I was driving home in rush hour traffic and a small Pom type dog was running loose with animal control trying to catch it. People were stopping (thankfully traffic was at a crawl anyway) and dodging but I was crying by the time I got through the intersection. The dog ran across to the other side, where the traffic was much higher speed. I'm not sure if they caught him.

Third and fourth time was after driving past a corner where a homeless guy and his dog were sitting. Something about that dog got to me.

Each time I have the dream I wake up screaming that I have to get Billie. Everyone else is telling me to slow down, calm down and I'm running at full speed and trying to get them to help me, to speed up.

Strangest thing. I wonder if you're afraid of losing someone you love very much, and that's why you keep worrying about being able to get Sam back if he gets lost? Total shot in the dark there...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Leah, thanks so much for responding to my post. Its good to hear that someone else has had this type of reoccurring dream.

Sam bruised his shoulder 2 months ago...right at the same time I decided he needed to lose 10 lbs. It was very frustrating to keep his activity at a minimum while i was trying to reduce his weight. Also, it took him a long time to get over the slight limp...he's almost perfect now and he has lost 4 pounds. :0)

My Freudian analysis is that I was troubled by a situation I was felt powerless to fix. I was trying to do all the right things but they didn't work right away. And yes, I love him so much. He means the world to me.

There's no way it could be an omen!!? I won't even go there!

I would be very interested in hearing other dreams any of you have had about your labs or pets.

Here is a picture of Sammie with his favorite little people in the world, Erika and Caleb (my grandkids). :0)

Note the picture quality!!!...I just have to get my digital camera soon!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I just love that pic !! Sammie is beautiful .... I can't add to the dream scenario, I haven't ever had a dream like that...... sorry.

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I can't improve upon Leah's interpretation or explanation, or your own analysis. But the kids and your lab are just beautiful. :)

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Sammie is beautiful as are your grandchildren :D I think Leah's explanation of your dream sounds perfectly reasonable.

I can't remember any dreams specifically about any of my animals but the one that is the most vivid for me was about my children. It was quite a few years ago and the three boys would have been quite young.........4, 6 and 8 ish??......in the dream they were all sleeping in one bedroom together. The bedroom furthest away from mine, down the hallway. I remember waking up and"knowing" that there was some terrible monster/entity in the boys bedroom trying to take them away. I knew I had to go and save them but is was absolutely terrified and all I wanted to do was run out of the house to find help. However I overcame my fear to "save" my boys and went into the bedroom.

I think that is where the dream ended because I don't remember any more but I will always remember the very, very real fear I felt and I also find it a relief to know that I went into the room and didn't run away like every part of my body wanted to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts