Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I do it to Derby, it puts him in a buck-tucking mood. He spins around in one place, then wants to play. I do it all over his body, his head, his back, tail end. Cracks me out. The louder the raspberry, the more riled up he gets!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Yup, I do!!! Mostly on Java's belly and the inside flap of her ears!! She gets the psycho, crazy dog look on her face then tries to eat my face!! Secretly I think she loves it though as she keeps coming back for more!! I wondered if anyone else did this......lol

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I call for Java like a chicken sometimes...chick-chick-chickee!!! (Chickee is her nickname..no idea where it came from) with chicken noises and everything. She cocks her head to the side and looks at me with that "look". The one that says "What is wrong with you?"

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I've done it to Lexi a few times. Most often in the mornings, she get up & roll on my bed (after I've made it) & will lay there for a few minutes in the "wheels up" position. I will sometimes lean over an do raspberries on her belly where her fur is thin, so I am sure she feels it.

She'll usually jump off the bed & race around the house.

:D :D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Betsy ! I just tried it and got my ear nipped and a tongue stuck down my throat !
I could say something, but I'll refrain.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I don't need to do it on him. Just the sound of a raspberry makes Ranger go crazy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
With Rudder all you have to do is SAY raspberries and that sends her into a tizzy and then add the noise and then try and get close enough to her - she is usually full out crazy by then! As for Scupper, she could care less and they have no effect on her.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
With the big boys, they get all crazy bitey face with me and wanna play... with the Boston, she just lays there spread to the wind for more raspberries blown on her belly...:p

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
OK - the posts here were making me laugh so I decided to just make the noise to see what Abbey and Coco would do. They both came running and jumped up in my lap and started playing bitey-face with me. Took a few minutes to get them calmed down again so I think I will save that little trick for an outside playtime!!;) We are trying to get them to be "less rowdy" inside the house. That has been a challenge with two who are just over 9-months old. :) Can't imagine the reaction if I had actually made the raspberries on their tummies! :eek:

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
That is so cute. With Sky we just have to blow in her face and she starts butt tuckin around the house. Giving her kisses on the face will do it too!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts