Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He had a major espisode this morning at 7:00 am. At least I was home to witness it as I was not 2 weeks ago when he had 2 in one day. This one was bad. He could not stand up for about an hour and a half. The strange thing was is that he "could" focus on us (unlike a normal seizure) and he was wagging his tail the entire time. He just could not stand up and walk and if he got to standing position and tried to walk he would fall down.

Well, off we go to A&M after getting a neighbor to help us get him in the suv. The vets up there and we both agreed that it seems as if his encephalitis has returned. We both agreed that it was not worth it to put him through a spinal tap to verify and that giving him mega antibiotics at this point was not going to hurt his cancer (if he still has it) I really think this has been coming for a while. Probably what I was seeing 2 months ago when I started him on Pred. He had just totally went off Pred 4 days ago.

Anyway.............another day in the life of Mr. Tankie.......and another $350 toward the cause and of course I would pay double that to have him still here.

He is sleeping peacefully right now like the angel his is. He was a jewel at A&M as usual letting them do whatever they wanted to him.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Thanks for the update. Yes I do want to see them. I know it hasn't been very good news as of late though. Tank is an angel, I do hope he catchs a break now and again. Hugs to you both.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
i'm sorry the news isn't better, but we appreciated the updates so much.
*hugs* for you and tankie boy.
sending lots of good thoughts for tank.

B

·
0 Posts
i want to see tank updates-i think about him everyday. sorry you all are going thru this.

hugs and smooches to sweet mr. tank

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Oh no, Sandie. That's so disappointing for Tankie! But still good news (miraculous!) that the cancer is gone.

(((((HUGS))))) to you and our dear Tank!! I think about him often, so updates are good!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Please keep the Tankie updates coming. I also think of him often and routinely say prayers for him. He is such an angel and I hope he is feeling better. :angel:

S

·
0 Posts
I'm sorry the Tank update is that he had another episode. Hope the antibiotics take care of it, and Tank gets feeling better quickly.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Sorry Sandie ((hugs)) I hope the antibiotics do the trick and Tankie continues to be his sweet self for a long time :)

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I always like to hear how the Tank is doing -- I'm so sorry about this latest episode. You two have been through so much. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. Feel better Tank, we all love you! :-*

C

·
0 Posts
buddysmom said:
I, for one, never get tired of hearing about Tankie.
Ditto, it is a shame it isn't better news though. Sending hugs and smooches to both of you :-* ;)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I always look for Tankie updates! When they are good it makes Sammi and I very ;D- When they are not we become :'(- You and your family are in our thoughts everyday mister Tank!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Sorry you (and Tank) had to go through that. I hope the big guy has no more episodes.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts