Just Labradors banner

Do you eat

745 views 45 replies 39 participants last post by  imported_azlab 
#1 ·
at at restaurant by yourself? I never have, I would feel very uncomfortable. I know people do and it's fine..but for me..never. I would rather eat in my car by myself :)

#3 ·
I have. It's weird too because when I was younger I wouldn't do anything by myself. When we went out to eat sometimes my mom would tell me I had to go up to the counter and order my food myself and I wouldn't do it - 'okay, then I'm not hungry.'

But now, eating out by myself is no big deal at all. I bring a book or magazine. It's really nice actually.

#4 ·
Very seldom, last time was 2000. If I'm going to eat in the car I stop at a store and get some beef jerky and a hunk of cheese.

#8 ·
What Brenda said. When I had to travel for work alone, yes, I'd eat in a restaurant alone. No problem.

Also, when Christmas shopping, I sometimes go to a restaurant to have a glass of wine when I'm done for the day.

G
#16 ·
Yes, I have done it and will do it again, no books or anything, I LOVE me time. It's usually when I'm going grocerie shopping or when I'm supposed to eat at home without SU. I perfer to eat in at a resturant, takeout is never the same, JMO

:)

#19 ·
I travel alot for work and I can only take so much room service. I dine alone and sometimes I wonder if the staff thinks I have no friends. "Look I have friends, really I do! I have pictures! No. The picture didn't come with wallet,honest *****!"

#23 ·
I do sometimes for lunch but normally I get it to go and take it back to the office and eat at my desk. The only time I stay there is if I just really need some decompression time from work. No books though just eat and relax. I wouldn't eat at a more sit down place by myself though.

#24 ·
labs4life said:
I travel alot for work and I can only take so much room service. I dine alone and sometimes I wonder if the staff thinks I have no friends. "Look I have friends, really I do! I have pictures! No. The picture didn't come with wallet,honest *****!"

LOL...I used to think that too, about the staff thinking I have no friends. ;D

#26 ·
Like others, I certainly eat by myself at a restaurant but bring a book. There are a few places that put single people at the less desirable tables, by the kitchen door or right out in the middle of the room.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.