Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at at restaurant by yourself? I never have, I would feel very uncomfortable. I know people do and it's fine..but for me..never. I would rather eat in my car by myself :)

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
I have. It's weird too because when I was younger I wouldn't do anything by myself. When we went out to eat sometimes my mom would tell me I had to go up to the counter and order my food myself and I wouldn't do it - 'okay, then I'm not hungry.'

But now, eating out by myself is no big deal at all. I bring a book or magazine. It's really nice actually.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Very seldom, last time was 2000. If I'm going to eat in the car I stop at a store and get some beef jerky and a hunk of cheese.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Nope, I'd rather get take out and bring it home.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I used to - when I worked, I traveled quite a bit and had no choice. I was usually busy reading work stuff, so it wasn't a big deal.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
What Brenda said. When I had to travel for work alone, yes, I'd eat in a restaurant alone. No problem.

Also, when Christmas shopping, I sometimes go to a restaurant to have a glass of wine when I'm done for the day.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
When I travel for work I always sit in the restaurant and eat alone. I bring a book. For me sitting in a hotel and ordering room service alone is depressing, I'd rather people watch!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
What Lindsay said. I would never go to a restaurant alone without a book. Even here at work, if I take myself to the local Choke-n-Puke for lunch, I've got my currently-being-read book with me.....

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Sometimes I will go to the little restaurant in town and have a bowl of soup by myself (they have good soup). I do bring a book to read though, I can't just sit. I have to be doing something.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh hell no!!!! I can't even walk into a restaurant by myself if I'm meeting someone there. :-[

G

·
Yes, I have done it and will do it again, no books or anything, I LOVE me time. It's usually when I'm going grocerie shopping or when I'm supposed to eat at home without SU. I perfer to eat in at a resturant, takeout is never the same, JMO

:)

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
I have never done so, but I would. Hell, I'd probably enjoy eating a meal by myself where I didn't have to cut up someone else's food. LOL. I'd take a book or magazine though.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I travel alot for work and I can only take so much room service. I dine alone and sometimes I wonder if the staff thinks I have no friends. "Look I have friends, really I do! I have pictures! No. The picture didn't come with wallet,honest *****!"

1 - 20 of 46 Posts