Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really not wanting to do it this year. I feel guilty.

And if you do them- what do you do with the eggs afterwards?

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i don't now, but did when courtney was little. we ate them afterwards...tuna salad, deviled eggs, etc. mostly deviled eggs, though.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Nope. I was SO glad when Riley got old enough that he didn't care. I hate coloring eggs.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Chloe actually went to a friend's this year to color eggs. It was so nice and I stopped being jealous of crafty moms who love doing this. I personally do not.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Yep. Makenna has been making me crazy with it also. I don't eat eggs. SU will probably do something with them. I would throw them out.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
We used to when I was younger. We didn't make that many, but we would color them the day before Easter, then my parents would hide them around the house on Easter morning, along with our Easter baskets.

Then we would eat hard boiled eggs, deviled eggs, etc for the next couple of days. :)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I did for my stepkids. We ate hardboiled eggs, egg salad, deviled eggs, etc. until they were gone. Didn't take but a week, because we all loved eggs.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I have a friend who makes gorgeous eggs. And she's also saved the one's her son has made over the years. She shellacs them to seal them in and has made ornaments out of them. She's creative that way...

Me? No eggs. Unless they're deviled. :D

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
We do!!! It's not Easter Vigil Mass unless I'm at the console, playing away at the holiest liturgy of the year w/fingers that still have a fair amount of blue/red/purple dye on them.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Yep, the boys love dying and decorating eggs. We usually make deviled eggs out of them that Monday. The dogs will probably get an eggy treat too. :) We hide plastic eggs though!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
We used to, but the last few years we drive to the beach & hunt of r egg-ish shaped granite rocks & take them home & paint & seal them. Not too big & the girls keep them in their bedrooms. I sharpie the year on the bottoms. We have done bigger ones & put them in the garden =)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Trevin is almost 14 and insists that we are still coloring eggs this year!

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We used to, but the last few years we drive to the beach & hunt of r egg-ish shaped granite rocks & take them home & paint & seal them. Not too big & the girls keep them in their bedrooms. I sharpie the year on the bottoms. We have done bigger ones & put them in the garden =)
This is a good idea. Except, we have snow on the ground right now. Not sure we'd be able to find any. lol

I may go to the craft store and buy some wooden eggs to paint though. That might be fun.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
I HATE EASTER AND I HATE COLORING EGGS!!! AHHHHH!!!

I don't think my kids have the coping skills necessary to endure this holiday.
Someone always cries after the easter egg hunt. This is the most unfun holiday ever.

But yes, we color the eggs THAT NEVER TURN OUT LIKE THEY DO ON THE SMURFING BOX. Nooo....they're all brown with fingerprints all over them. We ruin our clothing and furniture and then we hide the eggs so that we can get Jack crying on video. :|

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
No little kids at our house, and Sammi prefers her's raw! I do hard boil eggs freq. through out the year- so Easter will be no different then every other day at our house. Besides I'm working so it gets me out of going to the relates house;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
We just colored eggs last weekend. I took Connor to the inlaws and we colored
eggs with my niece. It was Connor's first time and I think he really had fun.
He keeps asking me if we can color more "esty" eggs. He calls Easter esty. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts