Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the boys a new Cuz today, to replace their beloved white Cuz who finally lost his squeak. :p

I only bought one, because I have learned that if I buy two, it doesn't matter: They will only be interested in the one the other one has at the moment. ::)

Anyway...SO much competition for the new Cuz. Simon guards it from Angus. Angus hovers and waits for Simon to look away, then pounces. Simon stalks Angus, Angus' ears go back, and Simon takes it away.

And repeat.

:mad:

They just now got a little snarly with each other about it, so it is now MY Cuz. :police: It is under my foot as I type.

The new-ness will wear off in a few days, but every time a new toy(s) comes in, we go through this.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Cinnamon has to bite the feet off her Cuz as soon as it comes home. They are one of the few toys she cannot destroy.

Hope the boys learn to share it soon but you did the right thing in making it your Cuz.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Karon, oh yes, we always give our Cuz a foot-ectomy before we hand him over. :D

I gave them a loud "Hey!" before I took it away, when they started getting snarly, and now no one wants the Cuz. ;)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Sounds familiar. Though ours somehow keep the feet. However, I bought Toby a "bad" Cuz and he immediately ate the horns off it - I guess he was the only one who could have devil horns in the house. Then I got Chamois a plain green Cuz, one size smaller. Guess which got more attention? Then I got the Cuzosaur (with the reptilian tail), which is more interesting that either of the above, but only if the other one has it.

I've not been so fortunate as to have any of them lose their squeak, though. There's a day to look forward to!

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
Depends on the toy/treat.
Chewies, everyone gets their own. Sophie plays/chews on hers for 5 minutes, gets distracted at which point Kaylie steals it and hides both hers and Soph's in the dog bed, growling at any dog that approaches. Sophie realizing her treat is gone, jumps on me then runs to Kaylie's bed and barks like a mad dog until I retrieve her treat and peace reigns until Soph gets distracted again.

New toys - if its a tug, only Soph is interested. Stuffies go to Kaylie first, (Tristan doesn't really care for them), and she'll curl up in her bed and lick it like it was a new puppy. She'll get bored quickly though, and when Soph starts her demanding BARK BARK BARK give it to me BARK BARK, Kaylie will walk away in disgust. Then Soph will squeak it madly and then pile drive it into my leg until I play tug with her.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
What is Aidan's favorite toy? Whatever Emma has in her mouth at the moment. And vice versa...same deal here connie although no snarkiness (must be the both male, testosterone thing :-\)

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've not been so fortunate as to have any of them lose their squeak, though. There's a day to look forward to!
HAHAHA! Oh, that's the truth! I should've kept the de-squeaked one! :D

kaytris, love your description of toy-time! :D

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Molly needs (aka wants) to have whatever Abby has in her mouth at the time.
Abby could care less unless...it's her tennis ball, then she gets snarly and mean and the ball becomes mine (or mom/dad/bro...whoever is around).

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
OK I need to see a CUZ because I have no idea what one is.. I also only have one dog so Amber gets a new toy and carries it around for about 15 minutes staying just out of reach and growling in a playful maner if I pay attention to her and the toy. If I grab it she will growl like a rabid dog and tug away at it. If i say give she imediately lets go and moves her mouth away from the toy and stares at me till I give it back or throw it..
I am jealous of you dual and multilab families

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
549 Posts
My girls have gotten smart. When one of them has a toy that the other wants, they go to the door and ring the bell.
Of course the other dog thinks they are going out, drops the toy in question and walks over to the door in time to see the other dog pounce on the dropped toy. The cycle then repeats.

What really irks me is that I drop what I am doing to let them out, only to find one dog happily playing with a toy and the other looking at me as if to say "She did it again!!!"

Who is the smartest in this house I ask????
Pat

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
AngusFangus said:
Karon, oh yes, we always give our Cuz a foot-ectomy before we hand him over. :D
Dee got a Cuz as a gift this Christmas from our little niece. I put it away and forgot about it until I just read this thread as I was worried it wasn't strong enough to hold up. I'll have to sort it out and have another look. Maybe it's stronger than it seemed. I didn't think those feet would last long, and I was worried about any chance of her swallowing a foot. It's just a plain one, so if you cut the feet off I think you're basically left with a ball. :D

I bought her a "Wubba" two days ago. Has anyone seen these....made by Kong? I think they're new because I'd never seen them before. It kind of looks like an octopus.....sort of a small ball on top, larger ball under it, and the whole thing is covered with what seems like a fairly strong material. It has pieces hanging off it (material) that look like tentacles to me. :) Anyway, day 2 and the squeeker is already toast, but she's still playing with it. New toys are generally the favorites. We only have one dog, so I don't have the situation like yours to compare, but if Dee is playing with someone else's dog she just wants to play tug or chase if they have a toy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts