Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The talk of clocks going forward reminded me of how Dexter does not like getting up in the mornings. During the week I get up around 5.45am. Mon-Wed he will wait for me to get up and turn on some lights before he stretches and jumps off the bed. By Thurs & Fri he does not want to get up and I have to pursuade him to get off the bed.

...And this morning - forget it!!

I guess he is a typical teenager. :noidea::biggrin1:

Anyone else's dog like this?

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Yeah, Motu usually sleeps on his dogbed at the foot of our bed. We get up 5:30-6:00, he takes his front paws and covers his eyes, pushes his head into the pillow to try to block out the noise and light. Usually, after a few minutes he gets disgusted enough to walk downstairs where he promptly curls up in a ball and goes back to sleep.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
The talk of clocks going forward reminded me of how Dexter does not like getting up in the mornings. During the week I get up around 5.45am. Mon-Wed he will wait for me to get up and turn on some lights before he stretches and jumps off the bed. By Thurs & Fri he does not want to get up and I have to pursuade him to get off the bed.

...And this morning - forget it!!

I guess he is a typical teenager. :noidea::biggrin1:

Anyone else's dog like this?
I wish! Zoe is clammering to eat at the first possible opportunity. She does not know how to sleep in.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
My dogs are all pretty much content to sleep when I am...but as soon as I start to wake up the little ones are bouncing all over me. After they get their breakfast everyone is ready for a mid-morning snooze. I usually feed them about 6:30 or so on the weekdays (M-Thurs anyway) so they are ready to get up and go.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Bauer doesn't like to get up before about 8:00am. He gets annoyed when the lights are turned on, and will keep moving around the house looking for a dark, quiet place. If I tell him it is time to go outside to go potty, he rolls over on his back. Not a morning dog!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts