Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about cones.

We've had one since Angus' first surgery at nine months. Recently it started to wear out, so I got a new one when I went in this week.

Offhand, I can't count how many times he's had to wear a cone.

In 10 1/2 years, Crash never wore a cone.

I just wondered if any of you have dogs like Crash, who have never needed one? Or is a cone pretty much a given if you have a Lab? :)

The cone is a wardrobe staple with these two. :tape2:

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've only had Kolby for two months?? Wow, it seems like so much longer!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Jake destroyed his cone after his neuter - he hasn't needed it since. Knock on wood. Charlotte is a frequent coner, injury-prone lady.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Cinnamon doesn't own one. She had one when she was spayed but of course that wouldn't fit her now. But she never wore it then just told her NO a couple of times when she would lick and she left her stitches alone. (she listened so much better at 6 months then now)

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
They don't seem to use them here. Ernie has had 3 major surgeries and not once had a cone. In the bonce cancer group many of them say they dont have cones so didn't think anything of it.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Baloo wore one after his neuter for about three seconds, then I took it off because he looked so upset. :(

He wore one all week he was in the hospital in the fall to keep him from bugging his IV site.

However, I don't own one. Peanut has never needed a cone.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Wesley was 9.5 before he had his first exposure to a cone. He's intact from his show career, so no cone for that. And thankfully, he hasn't needed surgery 'til late last yr.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.