Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
We rescued this sweet girl. About 12-13 weeks old now.
She has webbed toes and we were told yellow lab mix... not sure if her ears will continue to go all the way up yet or not. She has a dark stripe down her back and tail. When I do those doggie apps, they all mark her as a Carolina Dog... either wholly or with a small breed like Italian greyhound...but I think they are only good for adult dogs, hence why they put those small breeds in. We did the embark test, so we should have real results in a few weeks. I will update!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am a breeder and do genetic testing on my dogs. The other day I was chatting with the geneticist through Paw Print Genetics and asked about a genetic test to determine the code for the Labrador Retriever. They do not have a test for that yet and should have one by this summer (2021). Good luck with your Embark test.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi!
She has webbed toes and we were told yellow lab mix... not sure if her ears will continue to go all the way up yet or not. She has a dark stripe down her back and tail. When I do those doggie apps, they all mark her as a Carolina Dog... either wholly or with a small breed like Italian greyhound...but I think they are only good for adult dogs, hence why they put those small breeds in. We did the embark test, so we should have real results in a few weeks. I will update! View attachment 22184 View attachment 22185 View attachment 22186 View attachment 22187
I am a breeder and do genetic testing on my dogs. The other day I was chatting with the geneticist through Paw Print Genetics and asked about a genetic test to determine the code for the Labrador Retriever. They do not have a test for that yet and should have one by this summer (2021). Good luck with your Embark test.
Hmmmm. I'm guessing Great Pyranees and American Staffordshire, maybe Rhodesian Ridgeback too. 🤔

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi!
She has webbed toes and we were told yellow lab mix... not sure if her ears will continue to go all the way up yet or not. She has a dark stripe down her back and tail. When I do those doggie apps, they all mark her as a Carolina Dog... either wholly or with a small breed like Italian greyhound...but I think they are only good for adult dogs, hence why they put those small breeds in. We did the embark test, so we should have real results in a few weeks. I will update! View attachment 22184 View attachment 22185 View attachment 22186 View attachment 22187
Whatever she is, she's cute as heck!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you all for the advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts