Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took mom out to dinner (on my sister, she sent us a generous gift card). We went to Outback. We both got the pork tenderloin dinner, served with french green beans and garlic mashed potatoes. The pork had the most delicious glaze on it... we got on of the guys from the kitchen to come out and tell us what was in it. It was apricot chili spread. It was to die for. So delicious.

And we splurged and got a Chocolate Thunder from Downunder, split it for desert.

I'm stuffed, but oh so happy :)

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I love the cheesy fries, but those are a meal unto themselves.

I do NOT like the bloomin' onion. Yick!

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The honey peach pecan sounds good, but this was apricot chili. Wonder if I can dig the recipe up somewhere online...

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I can tell you what I do but as I have never eaten the one at Outback cannot tell you if it is the same.

I brine my pork in 1/2 cup salt, 1/2 sugar and 3 cups water (I heat 1 cup of it to melt sugar and salt then add 2 cups cold water). Brine roast for 1 hour . Dry well and bake till almost done. I then coat the pork with melted apricot preserves and sprinkle with chili powder (I prefer the chipotle for the smokey flavor). Return to oven to finish baking. You can put on a few layers of glaze but be careful not to burn it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts