Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to our favorite Polish restaurant for a combined late lunch/early dinner this afternoon.

Sliced cucumbers in sour cream for my salad, followed by roast duck, little dumplings in gravy, sauerkraut, and shredded beets. Bill had potato pancakes and meat-filled pierogis in gravy.

I'm done for the day (we ate at 3:00 pm), Bill is munching on cashews. :cool:

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Sounds good. My mouth is watering. We're having mahi mahi with lettuce from the garden with a Flat Rock Cellars Pinot Noir vinegar (from the winery! yum!) vinagrette with a touch of yogurt in it.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
How do you cook your mahi mahi, Karina? I baked mine with herbs and olive oil and it was sort of meh.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Sounds divine!!! Not having a paycheck in August is killing Jeff and I. I figure I will be able to eat out again sometime next year, when we get flipped right again. Getting laid off is the sucketh!!!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
We went to our favorite Polish restaurant for a combined late lunch/early dinner this afternoon.

Sliced cucumbers in sour cream for my salad, followed by roast duck, little dumplings in gravy, sauerkraut, and shredded beets. Bill had potato pancakes and meat-filled pierogis in gravy.

I'm done for the day (we ate at 3:00 pm), Bill is munching on cashews. :cool:

I hope it was tater dumplings.;) Sounds good.

Unless Rita has a better idea and stops at the store, I'm having ham and eggs.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I LOVE potato pancakes . . . YUM!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
It does sound so much better than the canned spaghetti O's with hamburger, fried onions and peas we are having.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
104 outside and I'm bbq chicken- corn on the cob and were having fresh salad- hey it keeps the heat outside:D

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
104 outside and I'm bbq chicken- corn on the cob and were having fresh salad- hey it keeps the heat outside:D
You grillin' that chicken on the sidewalk?!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I had a grilled salmon ceasar salad with the salmon left over from last night.

The Polish dinner sounds yummy!

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I fixed a small steak and baked potatoe for DD and me. And then I made some caramel fudge brownies. DD said that they could kill you if you ate too many!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Rita had a better idea, Valentino's pizza, she just went to pick it up. Shirmp and mushroom for her and anchovy and mushroom for me.:D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Rita had a better idea, Valentino's pizza, she just went to pick it up. Shirmp and mushroom for her and anchovy and mushroom for me.:D
I didn't know people actually ever ordered anchovy's! Nothing like a little salty fish on your pizza:eek: :D

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
I didn't know people actually ever ordered anchovy's! Nothing like a little salty fish on your pizza:eek: :D
Yep, the manager of the one near us when we first moved here almost lost his head over being out of them, twice. When I called the company headquarters they got upset, see that's the favorite of the company owner and he checks up once in a while on the sly.

I got two free pizza's out of it and was told if it ever happens agin the manager on duty is to send someone to the closest other place. See they are a local company that treats it's customers right.;)

BTW at their buffet Mom's eat free on Mother's Day, same for Dad's on their day.:)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Yep, the manager of the one near us when we first moved here almost lost his head over being out of them, twice. When I called the company headquarters they got upset, see that's the favorite of the company owner and he checks up once in a while on the sly.

I got two free pizza's out of it and was told if it ever happens agin the manager on duty is to send someone to the closest other place. See they are a local company that treats it's customers right.;)

BTW at their buffet Mom's eat free on Mother's Day, same for Dad's on their day.:)
Years ago one of my jobs was working in a pizza parlor, have to tell you in the year i worked there never saw a pizza with anchovies on it, wonder if its a regional thing!

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Years ago one of my jobs was working in a pizza parlor, have to tell you in the year i worked there never saw a pizza with anchovies on it, wonder if its a regional thing!
Very southern Italian, Sicilian, very traditional, anchovies in past times were used in a lot more dishes than they are today.

BTW, check the ingredients on yer bottle of Worcestershire Sauce, it has anchovies in it.:D

You don't even want to know about Roman and some SE Asian fish sauces.:D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts