Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apollo got bit by something last night. He has a welt on top of his right eye and on his right cheek. The whole right side of his face was swollen last night, so we gave the vet a call. He told me to give him 1 adult dose of benedryl every six hours, apply a cold compress and that apollo should be fine in the morning. So, this morning the swelling in his cheek is gone, but the welt on top of his eye is the same and he can not open the eye. I have a vet appointment for him today at noon. My husband thinks that he will be fine and we should cancel, but I am a worry wart.
We are leaving town for the weekend and my mother in law is watching the dogs. I dont want to not get it looked at in fear that he takes a turn for the worse over the weekend when we are gone. Could it turn into an infection? Am I being too overly concerned? I guess I just need to know if it warrants a vet visit (which I think it does)

Thank you!!!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Definitely keep your appointment and have the vet take a look at it. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Telling the Husband that we are keeping the vet appointment ;)
Thanks for the re-assurance.
I am sure that apollo was in the yard and saw a bee and thought "hello bee, let me give you kisses"
Gotta love labs!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just go back from the vet and Apollo is going to live :p
They put him on some Rimadyl and want him to continue the benedryl until tomorrow. They think it was two different bee stings, but the swelling should go down and he should start feeling better!
Thank you all

1 - 9 of 9 Posts