Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am buying my first place. The closing is on the 26th and well I am freaking out man!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: It went from excitement when I started the whole process last summer. To I can't wait to move in when I had my walk through last week to now...I AM FREAKING OUT. I feel like I am about to take this horrendous test or something. It's SAT, GRE, Finals anxiety all come back! I can't eat, I can't sleep and I just can't focus. I think it's so silly. I don't know why I am so anxious. Everything is in order...

Soooo yeah...did anyone else out there feel anxious? or am I just being silly :eek:

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Nope. I didn't freak out at all. I might have been a tad edgy but never freaked out. The second house was a breeze. I didn't even freak out when the money the wasn't wired and it was a Friday. It eventually got there and we could move in that day.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I was a little nervous, but I don't remember freaking out. I do remember walking into the living room for the first time, all by myself, when it was mine and feeling this huge combination of relief, excitement and happiness.

So, get through the closing and look forward to the trip through the front door once you own it. =)

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! I need to learn to take things in stride and relax.

Logically speaking I have nothing to feel anxious about. But I am feeling anxious anyways :p Or maybe I am excited who knows!

I need to just think about how I am going to decorate and what color to paint the walls. Maybe furniture shopping this weekend will help!

I need to "serenity now"....

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
I freaked, but only because my husband overscheduled everything and made me insane. Scheduled movers, painters, cable people, pool company, landscapers, Everything, for the same day and then went off to work and couldn't understand why I was stressed out and pissed off.

I melted into tears our first night in our new house, which was not what I had had in mind. Don't do the same.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
I think it's a bit normal to be a little stressed, especially when purchasing your first house! I know I was, but once I got here and knew it was mine, I haven't looked back!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
DH and i had our realtor in a bidding war the night our deal went through. it started at 7:00pm and went back and forth until 10:30pm. when we got the finalized call, our realtor came over and we signed the deal. we went to bed and kept saying to eachother "we just bought a house, do we know what the hell we are doing?" we were scared shiteless. we are getting ready to buy our second house (and our final house) and are getting anxious again. we'll probably say the same thing to each other at night that we did 11 years ago.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Buying doesn't scare me as much as owning. We buy older houses and renovate them. I'm on year 4 of a 100 year old home (the home is 100 years old and the project will take the same time) and there are days I wish I lived in an apartment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts