Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not go to obedience class last night with my husband. When he came home he said the class was just so so but never said another word. One of our friends sent me an email this morning. There are eight dogs in the class. Five intact males-two DOBs, two GSDs one Standard Poodle who comes with another Standard Female not spayed; a Standard Poodle M/N and Romy. The Female Poodle was in heat. Apparently it got a little hectic. The instructor immediately sent the handler/poodle out of the building. I have over heard these people say before they can't wait to breed their dog. I guess they weren't going to be particular about who the stud was. I am amazed that someone would bring a female to class when she is in heat. The irony of it is that the instructor made it very clear to everyone the first week that females would not be allowed in class if they were in season.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I would rank that idiot right up there with the person who brought a nursing ***** AND her litter of pups in a tub to our DOG PARK.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Forgot about that, Dukesdad. Good comparison!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I've taken bitches in season to class. Its encouraged as long as they are wearing dog pants.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I've taken bitches in season to class. Its encouraged as long as they are wearing dog pants.
This must be a super advanced class where the intact males have been trained to sit and , stay, stay, stay, "don't even think about it" stay stay.... ;D

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I don't do show stuff, but my friends that do say bitches in season compete along side the males? Guess they just train the males to "deal with it." ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts