Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never had this before how long should I wait to go the vet, my dog had some last night and this am I am going to fee him and see if this happens again . I gave him a couple of bites of a new food yesterday could that of done it??

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yes the new food probably did it...if it happens again the next time the dog goes, you should skip a meal and then sgive the dog some smaller meals over the next 2 days. If by then nothing is better, go to the vet...how old is he?

Are you planning on changing the type of food - is that why you gave him something new?

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
You should make the change in food gradually over a period of about 5 days. We made the mistake of buying the wrong can of food once, same brand Lamb and Rice instead of Chicken and Rice, and Oona had explosive diarrhea so bad I had to stay home from work. If it happens again stop the feeding for 24 hours then boil some hamburger or chicken with rice and feed that for a couple of days. Then introduce the new food gradually. Make sure there is plenty of water available so there isn't any dehydration.
Olie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts