Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out today what to do if your dog eats a diaper. I accidently left a diaper outside (took it off so the two year old could go in the little pool) and Dozer snagged it when we weren't looking. He was out of our site for a max of about 5 minutes but he managed to eat probably 80% of the diaper. All the little bitty inside parts.

I called my vet and they told me to either wait for him to poop it out (making sure he drinks a lot) or to make him vomit. I chose the 2nd option. 10mL of hydrogen peroxide 10 minutes later he was throwing up foaming diaper pieces. Yuck. He's done it about 4 times ...

He is feeling okay I think, acting normal, drinking water, etc.. I'll be happier after he poops. My vet isn't overly concerned, but told me to just keep an eye on him and make sure he is functioning properly (bowels, etc).

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He pooped. Yay! However his tummy still must be feeling off because he upchucked his supper. :( He is playing and acting normal, but if he doesn't hold down his breakfast I'm calling the vet again.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Poor kid, at least he's feeling better and there are no worries!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thats good to know. I will try to keep the diapers out of my daisy's reach. It is kind of scary when you think about what these pups could and might eat....yikes.:p

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is scary ... little bums they are!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He's back to his normal self, which is somewhat annoying this morning. He woke me up at 5am (rather than our normal 6am ish). I'm not sure why, but I imagine it was because he was a hungry boy. He's eaten, pooped, peed, drank water, kept his food down, been (as I said) annoying, barked, played, jumped on me, chewed on me, played some more, and now, finally, I think he's starting to get sleepy. Time for a nap perhaps!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Good idea on vet call if he can't hold his breakfast- Is there anything a labrador won't try to eat????
Celery....ours will not eat it, even with dip...:eek:

Poor guy...what is it about poo that some dogs just go crazy for? Canned pumpkin also works great to help move the bowels...

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a clean diaper, my son had been wearing it, but I took it off so he could go in the pool and set it aside for him to wear later. There was no poop or pee in it. I'm not even sure what the attraction was for Dozer. LOL

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
It was a clean diaper, my son had been wearing it, but I took it off so he could go in the pool and set it aside for him to wear later. There was no poop or pee in it. I'm not even sure what the attraction was for Dozer. LOL
Haha, illegal contraband, thats what it was....The kind they snag and hide with until you find them (half the fun I think)...lil turd.:D

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, yes it does. We lucked out with Cybil. She didn't eat things (if she did we never knew LOL) ... Dozer, on the other hand, while calmer than she was, eats everything ... ****.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
You´ve got a labra-goat! Welcome to the club. By definition a labragoat is a hybrid between a labrador and a goat. It looks just like a normal lab until you find out his eating habits: everything considered unedibles will be eaten: toys, grass, plants, rocks, garbage, cat poop, diapers (usually dirty ones)...

I have one of these hybrids... I recently had to stop letting them off leash at the park and taking them to the mountains with me because basically they were always sick after eating whatever she could find. This is not a pup by the way, she´s almost 3...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts