Just Labradors banner

diamond products would you feed?

969 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  rottnlabs 
#1 ·
Hey, we are thinking of switching to diamond food lamb and rice because we are tired of driving 45 minutes for dog food. Diamond is the only food the local feed store sells that doesn't have corn. Does anyone use it after the big scare? Should I be concerned or is the problem solved? Thanks!

#4 ·
Thanks....I guess I am just a paranoid person...after the spinach ecoli I can't eat any lettuce. :p
So, I am off to buy some dog food...we live in a small town and it is limited on choices of dog food and with our small budget ordering dog food just didn't work for us.

#7 ·
We've fed Kirkland -- either L&R or C&R -- for four years.  It's made by the same company that makes Diamond and when I don't want to make the drive into KC, Mo, to the nearest Costco, I buy Diamond locally.  It's just a little more expensive than the Kirkland and, with the high price of gas, maybe it's more expensive to drive to Costco (but I like getting some of the other things there, too).

Diamond now comes in two versions -- a regular Diamond and a "Diamond Naturals", the latter being more like the Kirkland version's ingredient list (apples, cranberries, carrots, etc.).

I was feeding Kirkland L&R until I found they'd changed it to include a lot of rice and rice derived ingredients in the first 6 ingredients.  So we switched to Kirkland C&R.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.