Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not every time, maybe half the time, after it's completely finished, the detergent door is open but the detergent is in a blob still stuck in the well.

I don't know why it's happening or what to do about it. It's frustrating because the majority of the detergent doesn't run through so the dishes don't get clean so we have to run the whole thing again.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
It's busted. Write your congressman; maybe they'll buy you a new one.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
something may be blocking the thing that spins and shoots out the water.

also, maybe not enough water is shooting out, which may mean you may have a leak.

both happened to us.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Door is opening early - soap is getting wet - not wet enough - then gloms up and can't come out at the right time...

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Buy a new one. Do your part to stimulate the economy. ;)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's only 3 years old!

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
Door is opening early - soap is getting wet - not wet enough - then gloms up and can't come out at the right time...
Could be, if you are using a powder detergent, try switching to a gel.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Not sure what the problem might be. I was able to diagnose the problem my side by side refrigerator was having by reading posts on an appliance forum. I had called a repairman and without looking at it, he wanted to replace the control board for close to $200. I told him I'd think about it. I went to this site, found others with same problem, ordered a $7 part which my husband put in and all is well. Here is the site.
http://forum.appliancepartspros.com/

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Boatdog gave you an accurate diagnosis. The same thing happened yesterday to my Whirlpool (1 year old, Quiet Partner III -- superb!) I think I may have poured too much powder into the detergent compartment before closing its lid so water couldn't flush it out.

I found out about it when I interrupted the cycle and saw it -- so I took a spoon and dug it out so it'd dissolve.

The next time I run it, I'll add less powder and interrupt the cycle to check on it. I think using gel instead of powder would probably solve the problem -- but powder is cheaper and I have a lot of it.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Common problem, many brands.
(1) Consumers fault, put too much soap in
(2) Consumers fault, didn't close the cover properly
(3) Design fault, flimsy design, weak spring, too much gummed up soap at pivot point.

Best solutions to try, all at once.
Get a toothbrush and clean around the whole surface including pivot point, and circular surface fof cover and cup.
Put less detergent in
Be casreful closing the cover

·
Registered
6,597 Posts
That happened to us as well when we were using those little packed detergent packets. They'd never dissolve! Switched to gel and we haven't had a problem since!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts