Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UPDATE - They are sending him for tests to check his kidneys and his arteries today. He had a bad reaction to CT scan contrast last summer and they haven't had time to prep him with steroids and benadryl so I don't know if they'll start now and do the scans later today or tomorrow. His systolic number is down to 140 but his diastolic hasn't gone lower than 99. Thanks for the prayers.

Ken has been in the hospital a couple of times that I haven't posted about, but this one has me worried. He hasn't been feeling well for about two weeks. His blood pressure has been going up, but today it was 227/108 and when he called the Dr. they sent him to the er. While there he was having some SVTs (very fast heart rhythm) so they admitted him.

He has had two different things in the past that may be resurfacing, both of which are serious. He lost 1/3 of a kidney just two years ago from a blood clot, after which they found out he has FMD. This causes narrowing of the arteries, so if an artery is narrowing it could explain the high blood pressure that they are having a hard time bringing down. He also had an extra pathway in his heart ablated in 1992 due to WPW. If you have an extra second or two would you please send up a quick prayer? He could certainly use all of the prayers and good wishes you could spare. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Re: DH in hospital again

Prayers and good thoughts for the both of you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts