Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Now you've got me going through all kinds of pictures on the TIME site....I've also moved onto deadmalls.com which has links to all sorts of closed down malls, and stores. Right now I'm exploring Dixie Sqaure Mall (google it...its pretty interesting)

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Why wouldn't the move stuff out and auction it? Like int he classroom or that once beautiful piano?

I know Detroit sucks, but there is still some nice parts. They are few and far between, but they are there.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
That is so sad. :( I am sure those once were beautiful buildings. It is kind of what happened to the Mon Valley (near me) when the steel mills all closed.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
The architecture in some of those buildings is amazing.

So desolate now, and the fact that there's still stuff in the buildings is just unbelievable. :(

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Check out here: http://www.sweet-juniper.com/2008/10/open-campus.html

This blogger lives in Detroit. He goes around and takes a lot of pictures like this and has posted photo essays on the site. I linked to one of a closed school. At the bottom of that post is a link to the one I was actually looking for, the book depository.

In another post, he talks about finding student records still in one of the abandoned schools - SSNs, medical/psychological records... He called administrator after administrator and no one would do anything about it. He finally destroyed them himself.

It's all pretty fascinating. Who knows what is in those buildings in those photographs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts