Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Willow doesn’t know how to play nice with toys. If you give her a new one the only game she knows how to play is Kill the Toy..

I bought her a new rope tug the other day it had a big tennis like ball on it, within 20 minuets the ball had all the fuzz ripped off of it and was in pieces then she proceeded to hold the rope down and shred it.

If I give her any type of stuffed toy she disembowels it. She’s not happy unless all the stuffing is ripped out of it, she makes sure that every last piece is ripped out, in a way it’s kind of funny to watch she gets so serious when she’s doing it.

The only toy she hasn’t destroyed yet is her Kong. I want her to have some variety of toys but it’s getting expensive to buy her things only to have them become a pile of shrapnel within an hour.

The only good thing is she doesn’t eat the toys she just shreds them and leaves a mess to show mommy and daddy what she did.

Any other members have this issue and what toys are left in your toy box? ….oh ya…she destroyed her toy box too after she ran out of toys…!!

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Oh yeah! Willow and Abby would make a great team.

Abby hasn't met a toy yet she can't destroy. The only thing she leaves alone is tennis and plastic balls since they're her favorite.

Jack on the other hand, would have every stuffed animal that was ever given to him if it weren't for Abby. He loves his toys.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
You are not alone. The only toys Molly & Abby have now are big Nylabones, a couple Kongs & their cubes to fill with Cheerios. No stuffed toys in our house...they are destuffed & destroyed in minutes. :)

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Willow is still a puppy...
Zoe used to shred and destuff most of her toys. I think it stopped when she turned 3.

We always say, better her toys than furniture, baseboards, carpeting, etc.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Sadie loves to destroy her toys too! Beside the kong, the only other toy she has not destroyed is her Bamboo Combat Big Kahuna. She has had it since she was 8 weeks old and loves it!! Here is a link to some of their products, I am suprised how well it has held up!!

I have never bought from this place, just a link that shows a good variety of the different toys they make.
http://macsbestfriends.com/bamboo/index2.htm

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Tal doesnt destuff his toys. Never has. He does like to shred rope toys and I got him this Mallard Duck he loves...but the white fur on the back is gone and he now has a bald duck. I don't dare discard it tho...he loves that thing.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh, I wish I had all the money back that I spent on cute fuzzy toys before I finally got wise. :D

Now we stick to:

Anything by Kong, Orbee or Ruff Toys
Nylabone Durables

That's it.

They do have a couple of fleece tug toys which they love dearly, but these are only pulled out at times when I can be right there on top of them to pull it out of their mouths if they start to eat it.

You are lucky she doesn't eat the stuffing. Angus would. Simon does not, he is like Willow and just leaves it for all to see what a great job he has done. Better that than in his stomach though!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Cinnamon is dancing around going me to me to. She hasn't met a toy that cannot be destuffed. I buy her the $15 tires at Petco those take her months to tear apart. Cuz's once the feet are removed are another thing she cannot destroy. I buy her the long ropes which last quite a while because she has to chew the knots out so they usually get tossed for being filthly from her and Cierra taking them out to play tuggie. Other than that she has a bunch of pieces of material left from destuffing and balls that she brings you to play fetch with.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
better the toys than your house eh? ;)

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Oona used to do this but when she was around 4 she stopped. She has a duck that someone gave her for Christmas two years ago that I thought would last for about 10 minutes but she still has it.
Try black Kong toys they are the toughest. Another good toy is made by Planet Dog called an Orbie.
Olie

·
Registered
145 Posts
Misty does the same thing, she loves to destuff and leave it all over, but then she continues to play with the carcass. What I do is get the $1 stuffed animals at the dollar store, much cheaper than the pet store ones.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Poppy destroys squeaky toys within seconds. However, give her a stuffed toy and she is in 7th heaven. Just had to replace the last one as it had been washed soo many times and carried around for miles that some of the stuffing had come loose. Just shows how different they can be!

Michelle

1 - 12 of 12 Posts