Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Buddy doesn't cut it out soon he's going to get it. He's driving me nuts! He hates being in the heat for too long...such a wuss. Lucy will lay outside all day and doesn't care. But they'll be inside and watch out the french doors to the back yard. (multiple windows) Well it's lizard season and there's one darting across there every 30 seconds it seems so he barks and barks and barks and barks. My kids will let him out...he'll chase it off...then he'll bark some more to come back in. He'll be in for 2 minutes tops and the whole thing will start over again. You tell him to hush and he'll be quiet for 10 seconds and start up again. Eventually we're getting the doors with the blinds built in them but we can't afford them at the moment. I'm about ready to turn total redneck and hang up blankets over my windows.
Any other ideas other than a muzzle? :-X

B

·
0 Posts
When Billie gets zoo-y like that I take a bottle of canned air (like you use to clean off computer keyboards and stuff) and I spray it in the air when she barks and say "NO BARK" really loud. She hated that noise and she learned to shut up whenever I got the can out. Pretty soon I'd say "NO BARK" with my hand even in the vicinity of that can and she'd back off. Now "NO BARK" she pretty much gets without much fight. The only time she breaks that rule is with a high value insurgent...like squirrels. She can't resist squealing and barking at squirrels... ::)

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
They make a citronella collar. It's emits a squirt upwards towards the nose. My vet recommended it, when I first got Max and was at my wits end.

He eventually, calmed and I never needed it, but it seems like a pretty fair way to deter the barking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts