Just Labradors banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a hard time reading these posts and I can ever find the right words to reply so I just want to say, and maybe some others agree. I am sorry but I am not strong enough to read how your beloved pet passed over or how horrible you feel right now and how your heart aches and you would like to have a few more days, or weeks with your friend...but for me I can't say those words or even open your thread. It is enough for me to see the title and quietly cry inside for a few minutes for your loss.

So if you never see me say I am sorry to those threads, it is because I can't but for now let the other members who are strong enough say it for me.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I could have written that. I feel the exact same way. Even when they post in JL, I can't read beyond the sentence that they're gone. I am truly sorry though. :( :( :(

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I feel the exact same way! I do get the strength to open the messages only to wind up in tears after the first few lines. I usually don't reply to the messages either but please know I am very sorry for everyone's losses too.

It's nice that we are so touched by people and their pets on this board whom we hardly know :)

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
That was very nice of you. I feel the same way too. Sometimes I respond, and sometimes I just can't. I come into work and read these things and end up in tears and people walk by and wonder why I'm crying at 8:00 in the morning. It's just so heartbreaking.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Having been one of those who posted about losing my heart dog, I know how, sometimes, you just have to write what you are feeling, you have to get it out. Understand that sometimes it helps the poster just to express their loss and how they are feeling.

I also understand how hard it is to read that gut-wrenching emotion. The responses help, but we know that others care and just can't always express their feelings, or can't bear to read what is said.

It's okay, really, just knowing that others understand and know how you feel, even if they can't tell you that.

Sorry if I am rambling here but it just brought feelings close to the surface.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
That was very nice of you. I feel the same way too. Sometimes I respond, and sometimes I just can't. I come into work and read these things and end up in tears and people walk by and wonder why I'm crying at 8:00 in the morning. It's just so heartbreaking.
Me too. I have told my co-workers that if they see me bawling at the computer, it's because I read something sad on a dog board.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I cry, too- for animals I have never known, for their people...it's just so sad.

Lucy

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Me too. I have told my co-workers that if they see me bawling at the computer, it's because I read something sad on a dog board.
My family knows if they see me crying at the computer, 9 times out of 10 I'm on JL and we've had another loss- I agree that sometimes we just need to talk about it, not everyone feels as we do on this board, and its nice to know that others out there understand our loss!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
That is really sweet of you - I have often wondered why there are 200 views and 10 replies and thought people were pretty cold ... now it makes a little bit of sense

as someone who has lost too many dear friends in the last 4 months all I can say is I am often very very grateful for any kindness (even if it's just I don't know what to say but I'm thinking of you)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.