Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just about to lose my mind here. I been sick with a bad cold all that goes with it.Well woke up in the morning walking like I was drunk and so dizzy,so off to the dr,and have a ear infection. My dr gave me antibiotics so thats fine know that they havent clicked in yet seeing as have only just started them. Know I can hear Nothing in my left ear,anyone else ever had this happen and how long before I will hear again,I wish something I could do till the meds kick in its driving me crazy.I have heard someplace about putting peroxide in the ears,anyone ever heard of that???I dont know if that be a good idea,any ideas welcome.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My mother used to clean my ears out with peroxide all the time when I was a kid. I tried it as an adult and it gave me a horrible ear ache that lasted about a day.
But... with a cold its probably eustachian tubes that are swollen and not anything in your ears and it wouldn't help anyway...pseudofed if you can take it usually helps.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Don't put peroxide in your ear - not a good idea - your ear is plugged up from your cold and it will gradually disapate as your drugs kick in. Maybe breathing some steam, or a warm compress might loosen things up. Also try running your index finger behind your ear all the way down to your throat - might help drain the eusatcean tube (I do this to my husband when his sinuses are bad and he says it helps)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awww, I hope you get some relief, Linda. :)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
A couple of years ago I had hearing loss in one ear from my trashed sinuses. The ENT scoped my sinuses and wanted to put me prednisone and a nasal spray. I skipped the whole prednisone gig ( i think that crap is nasty) anyway It took me a few months for it to clear.

I think in normal people it should clear up sooner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts