Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it sounded like he was getting better...prayers for him and his family.

Captain Phil Harris -- star of Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch" -- died about an hour ago ... sources tell TMZ.
Harris was hospitalized a few weeks ago after sufferring a stroke while unloading crabs. He had been doing better until the sudden turn.

Captain Harris died in a hospital in Alaska. He was 53.

Harris' kids, Jake and Josh, tell TMZ, "It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our dad, Captain Phil Harris. Dad has always been a fighter and continued to be until the end. For us and the crew, he was someone who never backed down. We will remember and celebrate that strength. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers. http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/09/deadliest-catch-star-dies-phil-harris-alaska-/

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
RIP Phil. I loved Phil; I hope those kids are ok without him.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
How sad, RIP Phil.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
This is exactly what happened to my father. Had a stroke and two weeks later, after they had upgraded his condition, he passed away.

Godspeed Phil. I hope your sons are able to cope with this.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Oh no! Those boys... =(

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Oh no, this is going to be so sad when the show airs. I can't say I am surprised, this guy did not take care of himself at all. :-(

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
This is exactly what happened to my father. Had a stroke and two weeks later, after they had upgraded his condition, he passed away.
My dad also.

I enjoyed watching the show, and Phil was one of my favorites. I hope his kids can cope....I wonder if they will continue with the business.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Phil was the only one keeping those boys in line. I'm afraid of what might happen to them now that he's gone.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Phil was the only one keeping those boys in line. I'm afraid of what might happen to them now that he's gone.
I was thinking the same thing earlier. Although they did seem to get it together when he was in the hospital a couple of years ago, but I think that had a lot to do with Murray.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh my gosh, he died?!?! :( That's so sad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts