Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I saw it on the news. And at the time the DC police department was saying he didn't have his gun out. But then video showed up of him clearly holding a gun in his hand.

What an ass. What person, even a cop, enters a huge ass crowd like that with his gun in hand?? There was no violence going on. It was good old fashion fun!

I chuckled when I saw the video of him getting a snowball to the face! LOL

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I saw it on the news last night, but this video is funnier than the news. The cop apparently has a little problem with over-reacting.

Uniformed cop: "If you have a problem with him, go to the station and make a report to his superior." LOL! Nothing like throwing a co-worker under the bus. :D

Guy in crowd: "Your car is already covered in snow. The sky is throwing snowballs at your car. Are you going to shoot the f***ing sky?" LOL again!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Yeah - I saw it. Very scary and way inappropriate. I hope he is seriously reprimanded - but it is DC. He'll probably be the next mayor.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Very stupid on his part.

I saw it on the news last night, and I loved it when the crowd started chanting "don't bring a gun to a snowball fight!". Classic.

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Yeah - I saw it. Very scary and way inappropriate. I hope he is seriously reprimanded - but it is DC. He'll probably be the next mayor.
:D:D:D

That was on the news here tonight. What an effwit! Since when was there a law about not being allowed to have fun? Apparently he's been assigned to desk duties. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
How much does a cop in DC make that he is driving a hummer around? Not to mention he was in street clothes and pulling a gun, what a tool.

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
The sad part is that we are seeing this all too often in our police. I think that there are too many on the street who respond to situations poorly.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
How much does a cop in DC make that he is driving a hummer around? Not to mention he was in street clothes and pulling a gun, what a tool.
He's a detective. In most big cities a detective is pretty well paid. Median wage in 2008 was 76K. In my town (a tiny NJ suburb) it's higher than that.

And it's probably leased.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I agree this guy is an effwit, and even DS, who is a cop says he should be fired or severly reprimanded- as far as a lot of cops acting this way-is it really or only the ones we see on TV. Hmmm, well as you know I have a pony in this fight, so I'll just leave it be. I for one am just appreciative of every single day my Son comes home safe and sound- after he spends his day making sure that the rest of can do the same!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
The sad part is that we are seeing this all too often in our police. I think that there are too many on the street who respond to situations poorly.
It's not just police officers, it's every other adult that's made up his/her mind that kids these days are all up to no good.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
You just have to wonder what is going on in a mind that thinks that having a snowball thrown at him requires a response of a threat of deadlly force. Just so disproportionate and inflammatory.

I have 2 nephews and one niece who are cops. I don't see cops in general as being "bad guys" - but this guy is clearly in need of a wake up call.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
You just have to wonder what is going on in a mind that thinks that having a snowball thrown at him requires a response of a threat of deadlly force. Just so disproportionate and inflammatory.

I have 2 nephews and one niece who are cops. I don't see cops in general as being "bad guys" - but this guy is clearly of a wake up call.
I don't know what happened before the camera started rolling, but it looked like he had his gun drawn before he got hit by the snowball. That kid definitely was out of line to do that, but I'm like you, what part of getting hit by a snowball would suggest deadly force as the appropriate response?

·
Registered
12,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't know what happened before the camera started rolling, but it looked like he had his gun drawn before he got hit by the snowball.
As far as I know he took his gun out the moment he got out of the hummer. Apparently they threw a snowball at his hummer which is what got him started. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Although he shouldn't have pulled his gun and needs a severe reprimand for that, snowballs at cars is not funny in the least, years ago when I did body work I put in 3-4 windshields that had been broke by snowballs. Hot on the inside, cold on the outside can do funny things to glass esp if it has a chip.

A windsheild breaking in front of a driver while driving on slick roads could be deadly, so I'd say the snowball throwers and not exactly sweet an innocent.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts