Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First shift in the ER. I'm pretty much in th ER all week. There is sooooooo much to lern that at first it's overwhelming, but it's definately interesting! ;D ;D

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Welcome, the variety is one of the reasons I love working in the ER. Have been doing emergency medicine for 14yrs. and even though I get burned out, and somedays I'm not sure how I'm going to make it through, I cant imagine doing anything else! In nursing that is ;)- I could definitely live with winning the lottery and never having to work again ;D- Enjoy!!

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. Years ago I was an emergency dispatcher, and I really enjoyed it, then I got into banking and well, that's not my niche. I am happy to be in healthcare (to some extent, even though it's clerical, not nirsing or anything) It's a brand new facility and sooooo nice!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
eastcoastmom said:
Thank you. Years ago I was an emergency dispatcher, and I really enjoyed it, then I got into banking and well, that's not my niche. I am happy to be in healthcare (to some extent, even though it's clerical, not nirsing or anything) It's a brand new facility and sooooo nice!
Hey our unit Sec.s are the hardest working part of the team! I often tell them that they are like the captain of the ship, if they go down we all go down with them! I appreciate each and everyone of them and try to tell them freq. along with our ER techs!! Not sure how we would do the job without them. Good luck with the new job!

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dipete said:
eastcoastmom said:
Hey our unit Sec.s are the hardest working part of the team! I often tell them that they are like the captain of the ship, if they go down we all go down with them! I appreciate each and everyone of them and try to tell them freq. along with our ER techs!! Not sure how we would do the job without them. Good luck with the new job!
Thanks! I bet your staff really appreciate you! It's nice to be recognized for your work.

·
Registered
9,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TobysTrix said:
That's pretty high-stress. Kudos to you!
To dipete or me?

My job isn't really what I'd call high stress, if you were speaking to me, that is :) I'm merely admin, ER, med records & central registration. Unless there's a high number of priority emerg patients all at once, it should be cool. For me, ince I'm new, it's all about leanring thr ropes & software that's challenging for me.

dipete & all who do a job like that have my total respect too, that job takes atoll physically and emotionally, and I don't know how they do it, but thank God they do! ;D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts